AMAZON ECHOPLUSBLK Echo Plus with built-in Hub - Black is a hands-free speaker you control with your voice, with a built-in smart home hub. It connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music, ask questions, make calls, provide information, news, sports scores, weather, and more—instantly. All you have to do is ask.
Echo Plus has 360° room-filling sound powered by Dolby, and can hear you from across the room from any direction. It is always getting smarter as Alexa continues to add additional features. With a built-in smart home hub and simple setup for compatible connected devices, starting your smart home or integrating into your existing system is now easier than ever.
The simple way to start your smart home
Echo Plus has a built-in hub that seamlessly connects and controls compatible smart devices such as light bulbs, door locks, switches, and plugs. Setting up new smart home devices with Alexa is easy. Just say “Alexa, discover my devices” and Echo Plus will discover and set up compatible smart home devices.
Switch on the lamp before getting out of bed or turn on the coffee maker without lifting a finger. Control multiple devices at scheduled times or with a single voice command, like locking the doors and turning off the lights when you go to bed. Simple setup works with a variety of ZigBee lights, locks, and plugs from leading brands such as Philips Hue, GE, Kwikset, and more.
Control hundreds of devices
Like other Echo devices, Echo Plus can connect to other Wi-Fi and Bluetooth smart home devices with the Alexa app. Control lights, outlets, TVs, thermostats, and more from WeMo, TP-Link, Sony, Insteon, ecobee, and others.
Voice control your music
With a 2.5” downward-firing woofer and 0.8” tweeter powered by Dolby, Echo Plus has crisp highs, deep bass, and 360° audio to fill your room with music. Set a music alarm to wake up to your favorite song or playlist. Play from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more. You can also listen to audiobooks from Audible, podcasts, radio stations, news briefs, and more.
Want to play music on an Echo in another room? Now with multi-room music, you can tell Alexa to play across your compatible Echo devices. Tell Alexa to play jazz in the office, soundtracks in the family room, or play the same song across your whole house.
Hands-free calling and messaging
With Echo Plus, you can talk to almost anyone hands-free—no tapping or searching required. Use the Drop In feature when you want to connect instantly with compatible Echo devices in your home. For example, you can ask someone for help with a chore, or remind the kids to go to sleep—without having to raise your voice. With Alexa Announcements you can also use Echo Plus to broadcast a quick, one-way message to all other Echo devices in your home.
Making calls with Alexa is easy. Your contacts will see your number when they receive the call so they know who is calling. Set up your voice profile and teach Alexa to recognize your voice. When you say, “Alexa, call Mom”, Alexa will call your mom, even if you have multiple users in your home. Additionally, you can send messages via voice or text to anyone with a supported Echo device or the Alexa App.
Far Field Technology
Tucked under the light ring is an array of seven microphones that use beamforming technology and enhanced noise cancellation. Echo Plus has improved wake-word performance to hear you ask a question from any direction—even in noisy environments or while playing music at loud volumes.
When you want to use Echo Plus, simply say the wake word, “Alexa,” and Echo Plus lights up and connects to the cloud, where the Alexa Voice Service recognizes and responds to your request instantly.
- Size: 9.2” x 3.3” x 3.3” (235 mm x 84 mm x 84 mm)
- Weight: 33.6 oz. (954 grams) Actual size and weight may vary by manufacturing process
- Wifi connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
- Amazon Sidewalk: A shared network that can simplify Echo device setup and can help your device reconnect to your Wi-Fi router when you update your password or network name. Sidewalk uses a small portion of your internet bandwidth to provide these services to you and your neighbors, and is enabled on your device unless you have previously disabled the setting. You can disable Sidewalk at anytime. Learn more here.
- ZigBee connectivity: Built-in ZigBee smart home hub supports ZigBee light bulbs, locks, plugs, and in-wall switches
- Bluetooth connectivity: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo or from Echo to your Bluetooth speaker. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported.
- Audio: 2.5” (63.5 mm) woofer and 0.8” (20 mm) tweeter
- Alexa App: The Alexa App is compatible with Fire OS, Android, and iOS devices. A list of supported operating systems can be found here.
- Accessibility Features: The Alexa app and Alexa-enabled products include several features for customers with accessibility needs related to vision, hearing, mobility, and speech. Learn more about Alexa accessibility.
- Warranty and Service: 1-year limited warranty and service included. Optional 1-year, 2-year, and 3-year extended warranty available for U.S. customers sold separately. Use of Echo Plus is subject to the terms found here.