BOWERS & WILKINS FP38903 705 S2 Standmount Speaker - Black reveals subtle nuances in music others miss. Its high performance features include a solid body Tweeter-on-Top design borrowed from the 800 Series Diamond.
Experience the detail
The top-performing stand mount speaker in the range, 705 S2 features studio-inspired technologies, for immaculate sound quality.
A house for high frequencies
Milled from a solid block of aluminum, the solid body tweeter housing design creates an acoustically optimized housing for the tweeter one thats exceptionally inert and resistant to resonances.
Carbon Dome tweeters are a brand new technology purpose-built for the 700 Series. Delivering a dramatic improvement on the aluminum double dome tweeter, they raise the breakup threshold to 47kHz, for pinpoint imaging accuracy and detail.
Truly amazing sound
Voices and instruments are delivered with purity and precision, thanks to the smooth, accurate Continuumâ¢ cone mid/bass driver.
- 705 S2
- 2-way vented-box system
- Decoupled Carbon Dome tweeter
- Solid Body Tweeter-on-Top
- Continuum cone bass / midrange
- 1x ø25mm (1 in) Decoupled Carbon Dome high-frequency
- 1x ø165mm (6.5 in) Continuum cone bass / midrange
- -6dB at 45Hz and 33kHz
- 50Hz - 28kHz ±3dB
- 88dB spl (2.83Vrms, 1m)
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
- <1% 100Hz - 22kHz
- <0.5% 150Hz - 20kHz
- 8? (minimum 3.7?)
- 30W - 120W into 8? on unclipped programme
- Height: 340mm (13.4 in) cabinet only 407mm (16 in) including tweeter
- Width: 200mm (7.8 in)
- Depth: 285mm (11.2 in) cabinet only
- 301mm (11.9 in) including grille and terminals
- 9.3kg (20.5 lb)
- Gloss Black
- Satin White
- Grey (Satin White only)