Inside the compact SONY DSCRX100M4B Cyber-shot Digital Camera RX100 IV is the worlds first 1-inch stacked back-side illuminated Exmor RS® CMOS sensor at 20.2MP â a remarkable advance in image shooting possibilities. Use it to reveal the wonders of up to 40x super slow motion, super-high-speed 1/32000 sec. Anti-Distortion Shutter, and handy 4K clips. Now Explore super-speed imaging beyond human vision.
- World's first 20.1 MP 1" Exmor RS® stacked back illuminated CMOS sensor
Introducing the worldâs first 1â (1.0-type) stacked CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip and a blazingly fast shutter speed of up to 1/32000. This new Exmor RSÂ® sensor not only enhances efficiency and speed of A/D conversion through its stacked structure with more circuit sections; it also realizes over five times faster readout speed of the previous RX100 III - thanks to a DRAM chip integrated into the sensor structure. This processing speed allows for stunning 20.1-megapixels at up to 16fps continuous shooting, breathtaking 4k movie and super slow-motion HFR (High Frame Rate) recording of up to 960fps (40x) movie clips â not to mention remarkable low-light low-noise capability.
- High resolution Clip-4K movie with direct pixel readout and no pixel binning
The compact - pocket-size RX100 IV features Clip 4K: short video of up to 5 minute 4K movie recording directly to SD memory card* - ideal for everyday casual use. High quality 4k is achieved by the 1â Exmor RSÂ® CMOS sensor with full pixel readout and no line skipping or pixel binning - resulting in images that exhibit higher resolution and less moire and jaggies than typical 4K movies. Moreover, the XAVC Sâ¢ format is incorporated to maximize high-bitrate shooting up to 100 Mbps for professional quality video.
- Super slow-motion movie HFR (High frame rate) up to 960 fps (40x)
See the unseen with superspeed HFR (High Frame Rate). The RX100 IV can capture super slow motion HFR movie at up to 40x slower than real time. You can chose from 960fps, 480fps or 240fps to playback in XAVC S at 1920 x 1080, in either 60p, 30p or 24p4. Choose between âquality priorityâ (2 sec.) and âshoot time priorityâ (4 sec.). Thereâs also an option to set âstart triggerâ or âend triggerâ which will start capturing movie before or after you press the movie rec. button so you can time those split-second moments perfectly.
- Super-speed Anti-Distortion Shutter at max. 1/32000 sec.
Thanks to dramatically accelerated sensor readout, shutter speeds of up to 1/32000 sec. minimize distortion caused by rolling shutter phenomenon. This new blazing-fast - Anti-Distortion Shutter system â can capture shots of swiftly moving subjects without altering their shape as conventional CMOS sensors tend to do. Additionally, the super high speed shutter gives you freedom to shoot photos with defocused backgrounds by using large aperture settings under very bright lighting conditions. This is achieved by a combination of 1/32000 super high speed shutter and built-in ND filter that allows photos to be shot in extremely bright light at a maximum of EV19 with a fully open F-number aperture setting.
- Bright F1.8- F2.8 ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* lens (24-70mm)
The RX100 IV features a large aperture F1.8-2.8 ZEISSÂ® Vario-Sonnar T* lens with 24-70mm zoom (35mm equivalent). The lens is perfect for portraits and macro shots with beautiful defocused backgrounds (bokeh). Two aspherical lens elements are incorporated into the design to improve sharpness while the premium multi-layered T* coating also dramatically reduces ghost and flare caused by light reflection.
- Fast Intelligent AF thanks to the new Exmor RS® CMOS sensor
With Fast Intelligent AF, the RX100 IV can capture those decisive moments and fleeting opportunities much faster than previous models. It incorporates an autofocusing system that enables high-speed, high-precision contrast detection, thanks to Sonyâs proprietary algorithm and the new Exmor RSÂ® CMOS sensor.
- Retractable XGA OLED Tru-Finer electronic viewfinder w/ZEISS® T* coating
View every scene in rich detail with the bright and retractable XGA OLED Tru-Finerâ¢ electronic viewfinder (EVF) with high resolution equivalent to approx. 2,359k-dots. The viewfinder faithfully displays what will appear in your recording, including the effects of your camera settings, so you can accurately frame your image, focus and monitor the results. The ZEISSÂ® T* coating enhances clarity and reduces flare and reflection in the eyepiece optics.
- Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi® and NFC - control, shoot and share
Thanks to built-in Wi-Fi®, you can easily connect to a compatible iOS or Androidâ¢ smartphone or tablet with the free PlayMemoriesâ¢ Mobile App. From there you can control your camera, preview and frame using your mobile device and trigger the camera shutter or movie button. Then instantly transfer a photo or MP4 movie to your device. NFCâ¢ (Near Field Communication) provides âone-touch connectionâ convenience to Androidâ¢ smartphones and tablets with NFC. Simply touch devices to connect. Setting up your mobile device is as simple as downloading a free PlayMemories Mobile app (www.sony.net/pmm/).
- Personalize your camera with PlayMemoriesâ¢ Camera Apps.
Add new features to your RX100 IV with PlayMemoriesâ¢ Camera Apps. Find apps to fit your shooting style - with everything from time lapse to motion shot and more. Use apps that shoot, share and save photos to your smartphone using Wi-FiÂ®, making it easy to post photos directly to your favorite social media site or backup images to the cloud without connecting to a computer.
- Selfie-ready multi-angle 3 Xtra Fineâ¢ LCD studying
Selfies have never been easier with a beautiful 3â (1,229k dots) Xtra Fineâ¢ LCD Display that rotates in multiple angles. This also makes it easy to photograph over crowds or low to capture pets eye to eye by swinging up approx. 180Â° and down approx. 45Â°. Easily scroll through menus and preview life thanks to WhiteMagicâ¢ technology that dramatically increases visibility in bright daylight. The large display delivers brilliant-quality still images and movies while enabling easy focusing operation.
- Dual record of 17MP photos while shooting movie w/ auto settings
The new Exmor RSÂ® sensorâs heightened processing speed enables the RX100 IV to capture high-precision still images up to 17MP without pixel binning while recording a movie. You have the option of pressing the shutter release button during movie review, or using the smart Auto Dual Rec function for taking stills automatically while shooting a movie. This function utilizes Sony's advanced Face Detection technology and 11 composition patterns to capture still images. Furthermore, you can choose from 'High', 'Standard' or 'Low' frequency, according to your preferences.
- Enhanced pro-video functions and NTCS/ PAL switchable
The RX100 IV includes professional movie functions such as; Picture Profile, S-Log2/S-Gamut, TC/UB (time code / user bit), Rec Control, Dual Video Recording, marker display function, etc. that have typically been available only in professional-use camcorders. You also have the choice of region setting between NTSC and PAL movie frame rates.
- Built-in ND filter for wider-ranging photographic expression
Realize a wider range of photographic expression with built-in 1/8 (3 EV stops) ND filter that allows the use of wider aperture for defocused backgrounds even in bright daylight.
- HDMIÂ® clear output for uncompressed video recordings*
Clean, uncompressed digital movie signal output can be transferred to an external monitor/recorder connected to the RX100 IV via the HDMIÂ® terminal. The RX100 IV can record video simultaneously to internal media and uncompressed video to the external recorder in real time.
- Comfortable control ring for manual operation
A unique control ring around the lens works in combination with an intuitive, display interface for meticulous SLR-type control over settings that satisfies even the most fastidious users. The control ring can be assigned to adjust various features (at various values) from basics like zooming and aperture to creative functions like Picture Effect. Moreover, it turns smoothly and seamlessly, allowing quiet, click-free usage while shooting movies including a new step-zoom function that enables instant selection of commonly used focal lengths.
- Picture Effects: Toy camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono., Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration
- Anti Motion Blur: Yes
- Face Detection: Yes
- Sweep Panorama: Sweep Panorama
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- Camera Type: Cyber-shot® Digital Still Camera
- Lens Mount: Fixed ZEISS® lens
- Red-Eye Reduction: On / Off
- Self-timer: 10sec., 5sec. or 2sec. delay 3 or 5 consecutive shots with 10sec., 5sec. or 2sec. delay Bracketing shots with 10sec., 5sec., or 2sec. delay
- Continuous Shooting Speed: Speed Priority approx. 16 fps, Continuous Shooting: approx. 5 fps
- Drive Mode: Single, Continuous, Speed Priority Continuous, Self-timer, Self-timer Continuous, Continuous Bracketing, White balance bracketing, DRO bracketing
- Flash Sync Speed: Mechanical shutter: synchronously-controlled with shutter speed up to 1/2000 sec. Electronic Shutter: up to 1/100 sec.
- Shutter Speeds: Mechanical Shutter: iAuto (4" - 1/2000), Program Auto (30" - 1/2000), Manual (Bulb, 30" - 1/2000), Aperture Priority (30" - 1/2000), Shutter Priority (30" - 1/2000) Electronic Shutter: iAuto (4" - 1/32000), Program Auto (30" - 1/32000), Manual (30" - 1/32000), Aperture Priority (30" - 1/32000), Shutter Priority (30" - 1/32000)
- Shutter Type: Mechanical Leaf Shutter and Electronic Shutter
- Auto Exposure Lock: AE locked when focus is locked (AE lock can be disabled from menu) AEL Lock or Toggle can be assigned to custom buttons
- Exposure Compensation: +/- 3.0EV, 1/3EV step
- ISO: Auto(ISO125-12800, selectable with upper / lower limit),125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800 (Extendableto ISO80/100),Multi-Frame NR:Auto(ISO125-12800), 200/400/800/1600/3200/6400/12800/25600 *3
- ISO Sensitivity (Movie): Auto: (ISO125Level-ISO12800Level, selectable with upper / lower limit), 125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800
- Metering Modes: Multi Pattern,Center Weighted,Spot
- Metering Sensitivity: EV 0 to 24 (at ISO100 equivalent)
- Flash Modes: Auto / Flash On / Slow Synchro / Rear Sync / Flash Off
- Effective Picture Resolution: Approx. 20.1 Megapixels
- Imaging Sensor: 1-inch (13.2mm x 8.8mm) Exmor RS® CMOS sensor, aspect ratio 3:2
- Pixel Gross: Approx. 21.0 Megapixels
- Processor: BIONZ® X image processor
- HD Output: HDMI® (Type D micro)
- Memory Card Slot: Dual compatibility slot: Memory Stick PRO Duo/Pro-HG Duo/PRO-HG HX Duo media - SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card
- NFC: NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing
- PhotoTV HD: Yes, with BRAVIA Sync enabled HDTV and HDMI® cable
- Remote Commander: Yes, via RM-VPR1
- Tripod Mount: Yes (1/4" diameter, 20 threads per inch)
- USB Port(s): USB 2.0 Hi-speed (mass-storage, MTP)
- Wi-Fi: Yes (IEEE802.11b/g/n(2.4GHz band))
- Brightness Control: Manual (5 steps) / Sunny Weather
- Coverage: 100% Field of View
- Histogram: Yes(On/Off)
- LCD Type: 3-inch (7.5cm) (4:3) / 1,228,800 dots / Xtra Fine / TFT LCD
- Peaking: Yes Level setting: High, Mid, Low, Off Color: White, Red, Yellow
- Real-time image adjustment display: Yes (On/Off)
- Aperture: iAuto(F1.8/F11(W)) / Program Auto(F1.8/F11(W)) / Manual(F1.8/F11(W)) / Shutter Priority(F1.8/F11(W)) / Aperture Priority(F1.8/F11(W))
- Digital Zoom: Still Image: 20M Approx.11x / 10M Approx.16x / 5.0M Approx.23x / VGA Approx.44x Movie: Digital Zoom Approx.11
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): [Still Image 3:2] f=24-70mm [Still Image 4:3] f=25-73mm [Still Image 16:9] f=26-76mm [Still Image 1:1] f=30.5-89mm [Movie16:9] f=25.5-74mm (SteadyShot Standard), f=30-86mm (SteadyShot Active), f=33.5-95mm (SteadyShot Intelligent Active) [Movie 4k16:9] f=28-80mm (SteadyShot Standard)
- Lens Groups-Elements: 10 elements in 9 groups (9 aspheric elements including AA lens)
- Lens Type: ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T*
- Optical Zoom: 2.9x(Optical Zoom during movie recording)
- Battery Type: DC3.6V (supplied battery) / DC5.0V (supplied AC adaptor)
- Number of Still Images: Approx. 280 / Approx. 140min.
- Power Consumption (in Operation): Approx. 1.9W with LCD monitor and approx. 2.3W with viewfinder(CIPA standard)
- Power Requirements: AC 100V to 240V, 50/60 Hz, 70mA
- Supplied Battery Charger: Yes (Shooting, Playback)
- Audio Format: XAVC S: LPCM 2ch AVCHD:Dolby Digital(AC-3) 2ch(Dolby Digital Stereo Creator) MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch
- Color Space: sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Media Type: SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card; Memory Stick PRO Duo/Pro-HG Duo media
- Microphone/Speaker: Stereo / mono
- Panorama Still Image Size: Wide(12,416×1,856/5,536×2,160), Standard(8,192×1,856/3,872×2,160)
- Still Image File Format: JPEG(DCF Ver.2.0,Exif Ver.2.3,MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution: Approx. 20.1 Megapixels
- Still Image Size 16:9: L: 17M(5,472×3,080) / M: 7.5M(3,648×2,056) /S: 4.2M(2,720×1,528)
- Still Image Size 1:1: L:13M(3,648×3,648) / M: 6.5M(2,544×2,544) / S: 3.7M(1,920×1,920)
- Still Image Size 3:2: L: 20M(5,472×3,648) / M: 10M(3,888×2,592) / S: 5M(2,736×1,824)
- Still Image Size 4:3: L: 18M(4,864×3,648) / M: 10M(3,648×2,736) / S: 5M(2,592×1,944) / VGA
- Video Format: XAVC S AVCHD format Ver.2.0 compatible MP4
- Video Resolution: NTSC / PAL Selector: [PAL] mode AVCHD: PS - 1,920 x 1,080 / 50p @ 28Mbps FX - 1,920 x 1,080 / 50i @ 24Mbps FH - 1,920 x 1,080 / 50i @ 17Mbps FX - 1,920 x 1,080 / 25p @24Mbps FH - 1,920 x 1,080 / 25p @ 17Mbps XAVC S 4K: 3,840 x 2,160 / 25p @ 100Mbps 3,840 x 2,160 / 25p @ 60Mbps XAVC S HD: 1,920 x 1,080 / 50p @ 50Mbps 1,920 x 1,080 / 25p @ 50Mbps 1,920 x 1,080 / 100p @ 100Mbps 1,920 x 1,080 / 100p @ 60Mbps MP4: 1,920 x 1,080 / 50p @ 28Mbps 1,920 x 1,080 / 25p @ 16Mbps 1,280 x 720 / 25p @ 6Mbps [NTSC] AVCHD: PS - 1,920 x 1,080 / 60p @ 28Mbps FX - 1,920 x 1,080 / 60i @ 24Mbps FH - 1,920 x 1,080 / 60i @ 17Mbps FX - 1,920 x 1,080 / 24p @ 24Mbps FH - 1,920 x 1,080 / 24p @ 17Mbps XAVC S 4K: 3,840 x 2,160 / 30p @ 100Mbps 3,840 x 2,160 / 30p @ 30p 60Mbps 3,840 x 2,160 / 24p @ 100Mbps 3,840 x 2,160 / 24p @ 60Mbps XAVC S HD: 1,920 x 1,080 / 60p @ 50Mbps 1,920 x 1,080 / 30p @ 50Mbps 1,920 x 1,080 / 24p @ 50Mbps 1,920 x 1,080 / 120p @ 100Mbps 1,920 x 1,080 / 120p @ 60Mbps MP4: 1,920 x 1,080 / 60p @ 28Mbps 1,920 x 1,080 / 30p @ 16Mbps 1,280 x 720 / 30p @ 6Mbps HFR Recording NTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] mode: XAVC S HD: 1,920 x 1,080 / 250fps / 50p @ 50Mbps 1,920 x 1,080 / 500fps / 50p @ 50Mbps 1,920 x 1,080 / 1000fps / 50p @ 50Mbps 1,920 x 1,080 / 250fps / 25p @ 50Mbps 1,920 x 1,080 / 500fps / 25p @ 50Mbps 1,920 x 1,080 / 1000fps / 25p @ 50Mbps [NTSC] mode XAVC S HD: 1,920 x 1,080 / 240fps / 60p @ 50Mbps 1,920 x 1,080 / 480fps / 60p @ 50Mbps 1,920 x 1,080 / 960fps / 60p @ 50Mbps 1,920 x 1,080 / 240fps / 30p @ 50Mbps 1,920 x 1,080 / 480fps / 30p @ 50Mbps 1,920 x 1,080 / 960fps / 30p @ 50Mbps 1,920 x 1,080 / 240fps / 24p @ 50Mbps 1,920 x 1,080 / 480fps / 24p @ 50Mbps 1,920 x 1,080 / 960fps / 24p @ 50Mbps Sensor Readout Number of effective pixels Quality Priority: 1,824 x 1,026 / 240fps / 250fps 1,676 x 566 / 480fps / 500fps 1,136 x 384 / 960fps / 1000fps Shoot Time Priority: 1,676 x 566 / 240fps / 250fps 1,136 x 384 / 480fps / 500fps 800 x 270 / 960fps / 1000fps
- Diopter Adjustment: -4.0 to +3.0m-1
- Magnification: Approx. 0.59x with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m-1(diopter) (35mm equiv.)
- Type: 0.39-inch electronic viewfinder(OLED), 2,359,296dots
- Dimensions (Approx.): W x H x D: 50mm x 22mm x 54mm (2 in. x 7/8 in. x 2 1/4 in.)
- Weight (Approx.): Approx. 298g (10.5oz.)(Battery and Memory Stick Duo are included)
- Weight(Approx) (Main unit only): Approx. 271g (9.6oz.)(Body Only)
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1
- AC AdaptorAC-UB10C/UB10D
- Micro USB cable
- Wrist Strap
- strap adapter
- Instruction Manual