The RX100 V introduces the speedy, precise Fast Hybrid AF to the RX100 series for unrivalled 0.05-sec.1 AF speed; high-speed continuous shooting at up to 24fps2 with AF/AE tracking for up to 233 shots3 4K4 movie shooting5 6, and super slow motion recording7 at up to 960fps8.
Bright F1.8-2.8 ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* lens (24-70mm)
The RX100V features a large aperture F1.8-2.8 ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* lens with 24-70mm zoom (35mm equivalent). The lens is perfect for portraits and macro shots with beautiful defocused backgrounds (bokeh). Two aspherical lens elements are incorporated into the design to improve sharpness while the premium multi-layered T* coating also dramatically reduces ghost and flare caused by light reflection.
Fast (0.05 sec.)2 hybrid AF system (contrast + phase)
The RX100V brings a new level of AF performance and speed to compact cameras. It is equipped with a fast hybrid autofocus system â the worlds fastest1 - that combines the respective advantages of focal-plane phase detection AF and contrast detection AF that ultimately enables the camera to lock focus in as fast as 0.05 seconds.
Wide coverage 315 phase detection AF points
High speed focusing is a perfect complement to the dedicated 315 phase-detection AF points that covers approx. 65% of the image area of the sensor. With such wide-area high-density autofocus coverage, you can accurately focus on and capture your intended subject at high speed, even if itâs moving rapidly in unpredictable directions.
High-density Tracking AF Technology
The RX100V employs Sonys high-density tracking AF technology to ensure accurate, stable tracking performance throughout the 24-200mm1 range of the lens. This advanced technology leverages the benefits of focal-plane phase-detection sensors to concentrate AF points in a dense pattern around the subject location as its moving to keep subjects in continuous clear focus â even at high speeds.
High-speed continuous shooting at 24fps4 with AF/AE tracking
Designed to allow for high resolution, continuous shooting at high frame rates the RX100V features a 1" Exmor RSÂ® stacked back illuminated CMOS sensor w/ DRAM and front-end LSI that works with the BIONZ XÂ® image processing engine to enable continuous shooting speed at impressive 24fps4 with AF/AE tracking at full 20.12MP resolution. Thanks to a large buffer, the RX100 VI can capture up to 233 images5 at this high speed which can be viewed immediately after shooting. Viewfinder blackout between shots has been minimized in this high-speed shooting mode, which greatly improves the ability to follow fast action and capture the decisive moment.
1â (1.0-type) 20.1MP Exmor RSÂ® stacked back illuminated CMOS sensor w/ DRAM
This large 1 (1.0-type) stacked back illuminated Exmor RS® image sensor with DRAM chip not only enhances efficiency and speed of A/D conversion through its stacked structure and more circuit sections; it also realizes super-fast readout speed. Together with the new BIONZ X image processing engine, it allows for stunning 20.1-megapixels at up to 24fps3 continuous shooting, blazingly fast shutter speed of up to 1/32000 sec., breathtaking 4k movie and super slow-motion HFR (High Frame Rate) movie clip recording of up to 960fps (40x), not to mention remarkable low-light capability with a wide sensitivity range (ISO 80-12,800)6 with reduced noise.
Clip-4K movie7 w/ direct pixel readout, no pixel binning
The pocket-size RX100V features Clip 4K for short - up to 5 minute - 4K (QFHD:3840x2160) movie recording directly to SD memory card7 - ideal for everyday casual use. High quality 4k is achieved by the 1â Exmor RSÂ® CMOS sensor with full pixel readout and no pixel binning - resulting in images that exhibit higher resolution and less moire and jaggies than typical 4K movies. Moreover, the XAVC S format is incorporated to maximize high-bitrate shooting up to 100 Mbps for professional quality video. The focal plane phase detection AF system allows for fast hybrid AF during video and ensures accurate focusing and tracking performance, even for the severe focusing requirements of 4K movie shooting. AF drive speed and AF tracking sensitivity can also be adjusted via the menu system providing flexibility for focusing preferences.
Optical SteadyShot Image stabilization
Built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization technology - developed exclusively by Sony - pre-vents image blurring that can occur from hand-held still and movie shooting, especially in low light or at the far telephoto end of the zoom range. Image stabilization is equivalent to a faster shutter speed of 4.0 stops8 at 200mm1 telephoto, and ensures smooth, stable framing and excellent image quality.
Touch Focus and Touch Pad AF
Fast, simple, intuitive AF: With the Touch Focus function. Simply touch the LCD screen at the point in the image where you want to focus when you're shooting stills or movies. When youre monitoring with the viewfinder, the Touch Pad function lets you slide a finger on the LCD screen to shift focus. You can also set preferences according to which eye and hand you want to use and how far to reach your finger.
Retractable OLED w/ EVF benefits and optical viewfinder immediacy
The new RX100V maintains the convenient pocket-sized design of the remainder of the RX100 family and is equipped with a high-contrast 2.35 million dot XGA OLED Tru-Finderâ¢ electronic viewfinder, ensuring true-to-life image preview and playback functionality. The EVF conveniently retracts in and out of the camera body and features optics with ZEISSÂ® T* coating that greatly reduces reflections. It has the ability to deliver continuous live shooting at up to 8fps - making it easy to track fast moving subjects. This offers photographers a shooting experience with the immediacy of an optical viewfinder, while still offering all of the benefits of an electronic viewfinder including a live preview of exposure, white balance and several other camera settings.
Advanced Eye AF ideal for portrait shots
The Eye AF function has excellent tracking performance and a high degree of accuracy and stability as it automatically focuses on a subjectâs eyes, even when the subject is looking down or away from the camera, or is in backlit scenes when the face of the subject is in partial darkness.
High speed Anti-Distortion Shutter
The high speed up to 1/32,000 sec. - Anti-Distortion Shutter, minimizes the ârolling shutterâ effect commonly experienced with fast moving subjects. This blazingly fast shutter speed also allows the camera to capture sharp, crystal clear images with a wide open aperture at brightness levels. Shooting at wide aperture with fast shutter speed allows photographers and videographers to capture beautiful content with sharply focused subjects and defocused backgrounds under some of the most difficult, bright lighting conditions.
Enhanced pro-video functions and NTSC/ PAL switchable
The RX100V includes professional movie functions such as; Picture Profile, S S-Log3/S-Gamut3, TC/UB (time code / user bit), Rec Control, Dual Video Recording, marker display function, etc. that have typically been available only in professional video cameras. You also have the choice of region setting between NTSC and PAL movie frame rates.
4K HDR10 using HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma)
The RX100V features 4K HDR10 thanks to its new HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) picture profile which supports an instant HDR workflow. Movies recorded in HDR (HLG) played back on a compatible TV will appear true-to-life, with fewer blocked shadows or blown highlights, without the need for color grading. The BT.2020 color space is supported, providing a wider color gamut. Four gamma settings are provided (HLG, HLG1, HLG2, HLG3). The HLG setting conforms to ITU-R BT.2100. The HLG1, HLG2, and HLG3 gamma settings provide wider dynamic range while retaining the overall appearance of current cameras. The balance of dynamic range and noise produced by each setting is different, allowing selection to best match the scene being recorded.
Super slow-motion movie9 HFR (High frame rate)
See the unseen with super speed HFR (High Frame Rate). The RX100V can capture super slow motion HFR movie9 at up to 40x slower than real time. You can chose from 960fps, 480fps or 240fps to playback in XAVC S at 1920 x 1080, in either 60p, 30p or 24p7. Choose between âquality priorityâ (4 sec.). Thereâs also an option to set âstart triggerâ or âend triggerâ which will start capturing movie before or after you press the movie rec. button so you can time those split-second moments perfectly.
HDMIÂ® clear output for uncompressed video recordings
Clean, uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2 4K or HD movie signal can be transferred to an external monitor/recorder connected to the RX100V via the HDMI® terminal. Video can be recorded simultaneously to internal media and uncompressed video to the external recorder in real time.
Selfie-ready multi-angle 3 Xtra Fineâ¢ LCD studying
Selfies have never been easier with a beautiful 3â (1,229k dots) Xtra Fineâ¢ LCD Display that rotates in multiple angles. This also makes it easy to photograph over crowds or low to capture pets eye to eye by swinging up approx. 180Â° and down approx. 45Â°. The large display delivers brilliant-quality still images and movies while enabling easy focusing operation.
Wi-Fi®/NFC/QR code for easy file transfer and remote control
Easily connect with NFC or QR code (for non-NFC devices) to smartphones or tablets with the built-in Wi-FiÂ® and Sonyâs PlayMemories Mobileâ¢ application available for Androidâ¢ and iOS platforms. Control your camera or transfer files to your device for fast and easy sharing without the need of a computer. When youâre done, you can use the free software to sort and manage your stills and video with PlayMemories Homeâ¢ or view and edit your RAW file with either Sonyâs Imaging Edge software or Capture One Express (for Sony).
Comfortable control ring for manual operation
A unique control ring around the lens works in combination with an intuitive, display interface for meticulous SLR-type control over settings that satisfies even the most fastidious users. The control ring can be assigned to adjust various features (at various values) from basics like zooming and aperture to creative functions like Picture Effect. Moreover, it turns smoothly and seamlessly, allowing quiet, click-free usage while shooting movies including a new step-zoom function that enables instant selection of commonly used focal lengths.
Power supply via USB
The RX100V can be powered via USB connection to AC adaptor, a PC or mobile battery. This conserves the cameraâs battery, allowing you extended use of the camera without worrying that the battery will run out. When the camera is turned off, the battery can be charged via the same connection.
- Electronic Shutter: iAuto(4" - 1/32000) / Program Auto (30" - 1/32000) / Manual(30" - 1/32000) / Aperture Priority(30" - 1/32000) / Shutter Priority(30" - 1/32000)
- Aperture: iAuto (F1.8/ F11(W)) / Program Auto (F1.8/ F11(W)) / Manual (F1.8/ F11(W)) / Shutter Priority(F1.8 /F11(W)) / Aperture Priority(F1.8/F11(W))
- Continuous Shooting Speed (max) (Max number of recoded pixels): Continuous Shooting Hi: approx. 24 fps, Continuous Shooting Mid: approx. 10 fps, Continuous Shooting Low: approx. 3.5 fps * *You may not be able to shoot images in Burst mode depending on the Shooting mode. *Continuous shooting speed will be reduced when used together with built-in or external flash. *Speed will be slowing after taking some shots.
- Creative Style: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box
- Drive modes: Single
- Drive modes: Continuous shooting(Hi/Mid/Lo)
- Drive modes: Self-timer
- Drive modes: Self-timer(cont.)
- Drive modes: Cont.-bracketing *
- Drive modes: Single-bracketing *
- Drive modes: White balance bracketing *
- Drive modes: DRO bracketing *
- Drive modes: *Self-Timer is available.
- Dynamic Range Functions: Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level 1-5), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure difference Level (1.0-6.0EV, 1.0EV step))
- Exposure Compensation: +/- 3.0EV, 1/3EV step
- Exposure Control: Yes
- Focus Area: Wide (315 points (phase-detection AF), 25 points(contrast-detection AF))
- Focus Area: Zone
- Focus Area: Center
- Focus Area: Flexible Spot (S/M/L)
- Focus Area: Expanded Flexible Spot
- Focus Area: Lock on AF(Wide/Zone/Center/Flexible Spot(S/M/L)/Expanded Flexible Spot)
- Focus Mode: Single-shot AF
- Focus Mode: Automatic AF
- Focus Mode: Continuous AF
- Focus Mode: DMF
- Focus Mode: Manual Focus
- ISO Sensitivity (Movie): Auto: (ISO125Level- ISO12800 Level, selectable with upper / lower limit), 125 /160 /200 /250 /320 /400 /500 /640 /800 /1000 /1250 /1600 /2000 /2500 /3200 /4000 /5000 /6400 /8000 /10000 /12800
- ISO Sensitivity (Still Image): Auto (ISO125-12800, selectable with upper / lower limit),125/ 160 /200 /250/ 320/ 400/ 500/ 640/ 800/1000 /1250 /1600/ 2000/ 2500/ 3200/ 4000/ 5000/ 6400 /8000 /10000 /12800 (Extendable to ISO80/100), Multi-Frame NR: Auto (ISO125-12800), 200/ 400 /800 /1600 /3200 /6400 /12800/ 25600 * * Achieved by using overlay burst shooting.
- Image Control: Contrast
- Image Control: Saturation
- Image Control: Sharpness
- Image Control: Creative Style
- Image Control: Color Space(sRGB / Adobe RGB)
- Image Control: Quality (RAW / RAW&JPEG ( Extra fine, Fine, Standard) / JPEG ( Extra fine, Fine, Standard)
- Imaging Processor BIONZ: Yes (BIONZ X)
- Light Metering Mode: Multi Pattern, Center Weighted, Spot, Entire Screen Avg, Highlight
- Minimum Illumination (Movie): Auto:1.2lux (Shutter Speed 1/30")
- Panorama: Sweep Panorama
- Picture Effect for Movie: Toy camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono.
- Picture Effect for Still: Toy camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono., Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration
- Scene Selection: Portrait
- Scene Selection: Sports Action
- Scene Selection: Macro
- Scene Selection: Landscape
- Scene Selection: Sunset
- Scene Selection: Night Scene
- Scene Selection: Handheld Twilight
- Scene Selection: Night Portrait
- Scene Selection: Anti Motion Blur
- Scene Selection: Pet Mode
- Scene Selection: Gourmet
- Scene Selection: Fireworks
- Scene Selection: High Sensitivity
- Self-Timer: 10sec. / 5sec. / 2sec. / 3 or 5 consecutive shots with 10sec. 5sec. or 2sec. delay selectable / Bracketing shots with 10sec. 5sec. or 2sec. delay selectable
- Shooting Mode: AUTO (Intelligent Auto/Superior Auto)
- Shooting Mode: Program Auto
- Shooting Mode: Aperture Priority
- Shooting Mode: Shutter Speed Priority
- Shooting Mode: Manual Exposure
- Shooting Mode: MR (Memory Recall) [body 3 sets / memory card 4 sets]
- Shooting Mode: Movie Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure)
- Shooting Mode: HFR Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure)
- Shooting Mode: Panorama
- Shooting Mode: Scene Selection
- Shutter Speed: iAuto (4" - 1/2000) / Program Auto(30" - 1/2000) / Manual(Bulb, 30" - 1/2000) / Aperture Priority(30" - 1/2000) / Shutter Priority(30" - 1/2000) *When ISO sensitivity is higher than IS0 3200, the slowest shutter speed limit is 1/4 sec. Manual setting of ISO sensitivity to lower than ISO 3200 is necessary to set shutter speed slower than 1/4. (except DSC-RX0, DSC-RX1, DSC-RX10, DSC-RX100 series models).
- SteadyShot: Optical
- WB micro adjustment: Yes
- White Balance Mode: Auto
- White Balance Mode: Daylight
- White Balance Mode: Shade
- White Balance Mode: Cloudy
- White Balance Mode: Incandescent
- White Balance Mode: Fluor.: Warm White
- White Balance Mode: Fluor.: Cool White
- White Balance Mode: Fluor.: Day White
- White Balance Mode: Fluor.: Daylight
- White Balance Mode: Flash
- White Balance Mode: Underwater Auto
- White Balance Mode: C.Temp./Filter
- White Balance Mode: Custom
- Effective Picture Resolution: Approx. 20.1 Megapixels
- Imaging Sensor: 1.0-type (13.2 x 8.8 mm) Exmor RS CMOS sensor, aspect ratio 3:2
- Pixel Gross: Approx. 21.0 Megapixels
- Input and Output Terminal: Multi/Micro USB Terminal * , Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0), Micro HDMI *Supports Micro USB compatible device.
- Wi-Fi: Yes (IEEE802.11b/g/n(2.4GHz band))
- NFC: NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing
- 35mm format equivalent (Movie16:9): f=25.5-74mm(SteadyShot Standard), f=30-86mm(SteadyShot Active), f=33.5-95mm(SteadyShot Intelligent Active) Movie 4K: f=28-80mm(SteadyShot Standard)
- 35mm format equivalent (Still Image16:9): f=26-76 mm
- 35mm format equivalent (Still Image1:1): f=30.5-89 mm
- 35mm format equivalent (Still Image3:2): f=24-70 mm
- 35mm format equivalent (Still Image4:3): f=25-73 mm
- F-number (Maximum Aperture): F1.8(W)-2.8(T)
- Focal Length (f = ): f= 8.8-25.7mm
- Focus Range (from the front of the lens): iAuto: AF (W: Approx. 5cm (0.17 ft.) to Infinity, T: Approx. 30cm (0.99 ft.) to Infinity) / Program Auto: AF (W: Approx. 5cm (0.17 ft.) to Infinity, T: Approx.30cm (0.99 ft.) to Infinity)
- Lens Type: ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* Lens, 10 elements in 9 groups (9 aspheric elements including AA lens)
- Color Filter: R,G,B primary color mosaic filters
- Linear Focus: Yes
- Scan System: Progressive scan
- Built-in Microphone: Stereo
- Speaker: Mono
- Volume Setting: 16 steps
- 4K image output: Yes
- Digital Level Gauge: Yes (Pitch and roll)
- Operating Speed: Start-up Time (Approx. 1.7 sec.) / Shooting Time Lag (Approx. 0.15 sec.) / Shooting Interval (Approx. 0.45 sec.)
- Other Playback Function: BRAVIA Sync(Control for HDMI), 9/25-frame index view, Auto Orientation, Slide Show, Forward/Rewind (Movie), Delete, Protect, Motion Shot Video, Beatuty Effect, Photo Capture, Rating
- Other Shooting Functions: Eye AF, Face Detection, Face Registration, Still Image Recording (during movie recording), Smile shutter, Grid Line, Quick Navi, Digital Level Gauge (pitch and roll), WB Bracket, DRO Bracketing, MF Assist, Peaking, Zebra, Marker Display, Micref Level, Step Zoom / Quick Zoom, Self-portrait timer, TC/UB, Photographer Name & Copyright, ISO Auto Minimum Shutter Speed, PC Remote Controll, Gamma Disp. Assist, [Mov]AF Track Sensitivity, [Mov]AF Drive Speed, Set File Name, My Menu
- TRILUMINOS Color: Yes* *Models capable of extended-gamut recording and HDMI transmission function for both still images and movies.
- PlayMemories Home: Yes
- Maximum Playback Size: Under 20M (5,472 x 3,648)
- Battery System: Rechargeable battery pack NP-BX1
- Power Consumption (Camera mode): Approx. 2.6W with LCD monitor and approx. 3.0W with viewfinder(CIPA standard)
- Power Source: DC3.6V (supplied battery) / DC5.0V(supplied AC Adaptor)
- USB Charge/USB Power Supply: Yes (Shooting, Playback)
- Exif Print: Yes
- PRINT Image Matching (PIM3): Yes
- Print Order Mark (DPOF): Select / Folder / Date
- Media Type: Memory Stick Duo Memory Stick PRO Duo Memory Stick PRO Duo(High Speed) Memory Stick PROHG Duo Memory Stick Micro * Memory Stick Micro (Mark2) * SD Memory Card SDHC Memory Card(UHS-I) SDXC Memory Card(UHS-I) microSD Memory Card * microSDHC Memory Card * microSDXC Memory Card * *with Adaptor (optional)
- Color Space (Still): sRGB, Adobe RGB
- DCF/DPOF: DCF/ DPOF/ EXIF/ MPF
- Movie Recording Mode: NTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] mode AVCHD: FX- 1,920x1,080/ 50i @ 24Mbps FH- 1,920x1,080/ 50i @ 17Mbps, XAVC S 4K: 3,840x2,160/ 25p @ 100Mbps 3,840x2,160/ 25p @ 60Mbps XAVC S HD: 1,920x1,080/50p / 50p @ 50Mbps 1,920x1,080/50p / 25p @ 25Mbps 1,920x1,080/25p / 25p @ 50Mbps 1,920x1,080/25p / 100p @16Mbps 1,920x1,080/100p / 100p @ 100Mbps 1,920x1,080/100p @60Mbps
- Recording Format(Movie Audio): XAVC S:LPCM 2ch AVCHD:Dolby Digital(AC-3) 2ch(Dolby Digital Stereo Creator)
- Recording Format(Movie): XAVC S AVCHD format Ver.2.0 compatible
- Recording Format(Still Image): JPEG (DCF Ver.2.0,Exif Ver.2.31,MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- Still Image Number of recorded pixels (Image Size): 3:2 mode:20M (5,472×3,648) / 10M (3,888×2,592) / 5M (2,736×1,824), 4:3mode:18M(4,864×3,648) / 10M(3,648×2,736) / 5M(2,592×1,944) / VGA: 16:9mode:17M (5,472×3,080) / 7.5M(3,648×2,056) / 4.2M(2,720×1,528), 1:1mode:13M (3,648×3,648) / 6.5M(2,544×2,544) / 3.7M(1,920×1,920) , Sweep Panorama: Wide (12,416×1,856/5,536×2,160), Standard (8,192×1,856/3,872×2,160)
- Adjestable angle: Up by approx. 180degrees, down by approx. 45degrees
- Brightness control: Manual (5 steps) / Sunny Weather
- Screen Type: 3.0type (7.5 cm)(4:3) / 1,228,800 dots / Xtra Fine / TFT LCD
- Diopter adjustment: -4.0 to +3.0m-1
- Magnification: Approx. 0.59x with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m-1(diopter) (35mm equiv.)
- Number of dots: 0.39-type electronic viewfinder (OLED), 2,359,296dots
- Dimensions (Approx.): 4 × 2 3/8 × 1 5/8 in. (101.6 x 58.1 x 41.0 mm) 10.5oz. (299 g) (Battery and Memory Stick Duo are included) AC Adaptor (supplied): 29/32 x 1 1/4 x 1 3/4 in. (23.0 x 31.6 x 43.3 mm)
- Weight (Approx.): 1.264 lbs