Incorporating optical image stabilization and 4K recording, SONY FDRX3000W Action Camera produces sharp videos and still images with reduced motion artifacts from vibrations and other camera movement. The ultra-wide-angle lens opens up versatile framing options for recording your adventures, and the included underwater housing is watertight to 197', letting you plumb aquatic depths right out of the box.
Ultimate image stabilization
The FDR-X3000 combines brilliant 4K resolution with Balanced Optical SteadyShotâ¢ image stabilization for advanced camera-shake compensation. Unlike digital image stabilization, Balanced Optical SteadyShot is significantly more effective at cutting the effects of camera shake internally, the cameraâs lens and sensor are joined and moved together controlling the entire optical path as one floating unit. This advanced stabilization system makes it easier to shoot beautifully clear, stable images while traveling, bike riding, and in other active situations.
Professional 4K with ZEISSÂ® lens and Exmor RÂ® CMOS sensor
Featuring a new ZEISS® Tessar lens with significantly less lens distortion than previous models, the FDR-X3000 is also equipped with a back-illuminated Exmor R® CMOS sensor and an acclaimed BIONZ X® processor, ensuring that video quality remains consistently strong across all settings. With full pixel readout without pixel binning the FDR-X3000 produces exceptionally high resolution and accurate colors in both 4K and Full HD videos. The built-in stereo mic with wind noise reduction reduces the impact of wind interference.
Remote camera control and viewing
Users can stream a live preview and control the Action Cam with the supplied Live-View or utilize Sonyâs PlayMemories Mobileâ¢ application on a smart device4 - available for both Android and iOS. Both have the ability to control several camera capabilities including shooting settings, start/stop recording, power on/off and more.
Underwater Housing as standard gear
Take FDR-X3000R Action Cam diving to 197ft / 60m using the supplied Underwater Housing (MPK-UWH1 ) - no need to buy optional gear. Equipped with a flat panel and camera buttons, it lets you easily control all functions through the housing. What's more, it shields this hardy compact camera from shocks, damp, rust, dust and sand. Enjoy carefree aquatic adventures and extend your exploration to tough terrain.
Selectable viewing angle and 3x zoom
Capture epic ultra-wide -angle views with the ZEISSÂ® Tessar lens or choose your own viewing angle from Wide, Medium or Narrow. Changing the angle of view also helps correct for the barrel distortion - common in POV cameras. In addition, seamlessly adjust up to 3x smooth zoom mode, which enables you to change zooming while shooting. Either way, you'll always be capturing beautiful shots of the most challenging ski slopes, mountain trails, swirling rapids or pitted asphalt paths.
High quality 12MP up to 10 fps
Catch fast-moving action with burst shooting. This allows you to take a maximum of ten high-quality shots of a trick or transition, making it the perfect feature for those who love to go back and analyze their style or select the critical moment. Burst mode settings: 10 fps/1 sec., 5 fps/2 sec., 2fps /5 sec.
8.3MP Interval record and 4K time-lapse video
Set the camera to capture stunning 8.3MP stills over regular intervals for an extended period of time. 8.3MP is optimized for 4K (3840x2160) and can be used to create beautiful 4K Time-lapse videos. Time-lapse Capture lets you produce time-lapse movies easily by using high-quality 4K still images shot at designated intervals. Then Action Cam Movie Creator (v. 5.1 for Windows, v.3.1 for Mac®) simply transforms these images into an impressive time-lapse movie. The Action Cam App (v. 2.0)12) can create Full HD time-lapse movies from these stills as well.
Catch all the motion in one shot
Capture an entire action sequence in a single frame with Motion Shot. This feature creates a composite image of a subject in motion, with variable settings for different burst speeds, which are 10fps, 5fps and 2fps.
High Quality stereo sound with wind noise reduction
Make a great movie even better with great audio. Built-in stereo microphone allows you to capture sounds of your adventure in two-track stereo, naturally. Wind noise reduction reduces the impact of wind interference on overall audio quality. Clear sound with reduced noise enhances the most sophisticated movie work you can produce. Thereâs also a convenient mic jack for times where an external microphone is needed.
Built-in Wi-FiÂ®, BluetoothÂ®, NFCâ¢, and GPS allow for instant connection, control and tracking pf your epic adventures. A new intuitive interface, 3x rec. lights and adjustable beep volume ensure easy operation and a built-in tripod socket means you can quickly attach your Action Cam to a tripod for rock-steady shots. The USB, HDMIÂ® and microphone jack connections are now located on the back of the camera for enhanced ease of connection and accessory attachment.
Built-in GPS - display your Action Cam route
Built-in GPS tags your videos so that location tracking and speedometer can be added to the video file when Action Cam Movie Creator is used. This also allows GPS Data Overlay on Video to read your speed data and generate another video file that includes your route, speed information, etc.
Action Cam Movie Creator for easy creative editing
Make your movies look even better with Action Cam Movie Creator. Produce and edit videos quickly and easily thanks to a range of features such as 4K time-lapse movie and slo-mo video. You can also rotate your videos clockwise or anti-clockwise by 90Ë with Movie Rotation, or use Multi-View to combine up to four movie footage segmentsâcaptured simultaneously by different camerasâand make a split-screen composite.
Highlight Movie Maker
Highlight Movie Maker produces a short highlight movie clip to share and enjoy instantly. Highlight Movie Maker selects the best scenes from your videos based on motion gyro and face detection technology. Discover how easily built-in Highlight Movie Maker works for in-camera auto-editing. Highlight Movie Maker also supports a wider range of scenesânot just sports performance but also daily situations and travelâautomatically selecting highlight points of footage to create a highlight movie, complete with background music. You can share your work immediately using a smartphone.
No âjaggiesâ with full pixel readout and no pixel binning
With full pixel readout without pixel binning the FDR-X3000 produces exceptionally high resolution and accurate colors in both 4K and Full HD videos. This allows it to read and process data from all of the sensorâs pixels, producing highly detailed video content with minimal noise and âjaggiesâ in a variety of formats including the high data stream XAVC Sâ¢ codec, (100Mbps in 4K and 50Mbps in Full HD).
See every detail of fast-moving action in smooth slow motion, thanks to 120fps high frame rate recording at Full HD resolution. Use your favorite video editing software or included Action Cam Movie Creator to show off your skills in super slow motion.
Donât miss a moment with Loop Recording
Donât worry about missing the perfect moment with loop recording. Use it to capture the decisive moment without worrying about running out of memory. Loop overwrite recording can be chosen with duration options of 5, 20, 60 or 120 minutes, or âunlimitedâ keeping the most recent recording and overwriting the earliest as needed. And once youâve captured that perfect moment - stop recording and the last scene will be captured at the duration you set. Once files are saved they will not be deleted when Loop recording starts again.
Control up to 5 Action Cam via phone or LiveViewâ¢ Remote
Multi Camera control lets you use LiveView Remote or compatible smartphone with PlayMemories Mobile app to effortlessly control up to five cameras for exciting ground-up or head-down shots.
Advanced manual control
For the more advanced user, there is an expanded scope of manual controls and setting adjustments including white balance, and auto exposure shifting. This allows flexibility in movie expression and enables more pro-style movie shooting to meet diverse needs. Adjusting the brightness and hue levels of your video will allow you to match the video shot from other cameras easily, providing a solid baseline for professional-looking movies.
Time Code/User Bit for pro-style editing
Time Code and User Bit (TC/UB) are crucial data elements for advanced editing. The Time Code function records hours/minutes/seconds/frames on image data for precise advanced video editing. The User Bit function records date/time/scene number, etc. in eight-digit numbers, and is useful for editing movies using two or more cameras.
Live Streaming via Ustream®
Share the adventure as it happens via UStream®. Now your circle of friends and family can share the excitement in real time by simply logging in to UStream from anywhere.
4K (3840 x 2160) video recording with up to 240p HD / 120p Full HD
Capture the finest details and your most thrilling moments in true 4k (3840 x 2160) video. The FDR-X3000 30p/24p recording ability captures incredibly high resolution, to produce vibrant and extremely realistic images. The Action Cam is capable of shooting in 10 different shooting modes to create a diverse amount of looks to include 240p in high definition and 120p slow motion in FHD. Users can also select 240p in VGA for super slow motion video. Additionally, pro quality XAVC S recording with high bit rate of 100Mbps in 4k and 60Mbps in HD enables the FDR-X1000V to capture quick action with smooth image motion.
Action Cam App
The Intuitive Action Cam mobile app lets you âprove yourselfâ anytime anywhereâvia easy video editing with time-lapse, slow motion/speed up, and wireless movie file transfer. Action Cam App supports Full HD time-lapse movie only.
Memory Stick Duo / SD slot
The memory card slot accepts Memory Stick Micro (M2) and Micro SD / SDHC / SDXC Memory Card5 (class 4 or higher) memory cards. Choose the card best suited to your shooting requirements and compatibility with your PC. (Memory cards not supplied.)
- Camera Type: Digital 4K Video Camera Recorder
- Auto Non Flicker: Yes
- Gain Control: Auto
- Imaging Sensor: 1/2.5 type (7.20mm) back-illuminated "Exmor R"CMOS Sensor
- Processor: BIONZ X image processor
- Pixel Gross: Approx.8.57 Megapixels
- Effective Picture Resolution: Movie: Approx.8.2 Megapixels(16:9) Still: Approx.8.2 Megapixels(16:9) *1 When "STEADYSHOT" is set to "OFF" *2 When "Angle setting" is set to "WIDE"
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
- Media Type: MP4: Memory Stick Micro (Mark 2), Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card(Class 4 or Higher), XAVC S(50Mbps): Micro SDHC/SDXC Memory Card(Class10 or Higher), XAVC S(60Mbps): Micro SDHC/SDXC Memory Card(Class10 or Higher), XAVC S (100Mbps): Micro SDHC/SDXC Memory Card(UHS-I U3 or Higher)
- Still Image Mode: JPEG
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution: Approx.8.2 Megapixels *When "Angle setting" is set to "WIDE".
- Video Format: MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 XAVC S format: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Video Resolution: PS:1920x1080 60p/50p HQ:1920x1080 30p/25p STD:1280x720 30p/25p HS120(HS100):1280x720 120p/100p HS240(HS200):800x480 240p/200p 30p/25p:3840x2160 30p/25p 24p:3840x2160 24p 120p/100p:1920x1080 120p/100p 240p/200p:1280x720 240p/200p 60p/50p:1920x1080 60p/50p 30p/25p:1920x1080 30p/25p 24p:1920x1080 24p
- Video Actual (Pixel): Approx.8.2 MP *When "Angle setting" is set to "WIDE"
- Video Signal: UHDTV, HDTV, NTSC color, EIA standards, PAL color, CCIR standards
- Audio Format: MP4/MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch XAVC S/LPCM 2ch
- Microphone/Speaker: Built-in Microphone, Monaural Speaker
- Movie Recording Rate(Average Bit Rate/VBR): PS:approx.28Mbps/ HQ:approx.16Mbps/ STD:approx.6Mbps/ HS120(HS100):approx.28Mbps/ HS240(HS200):approx.28Mbps/
- Movie Recording Rate(Average Bit Rate/VBR): 30p/24p:approx.60Mbps/approx.100Mbps 25p:approx.60Mbps/approx.100Mbps 120p/240p:approx.60Mbps/approx.100Mbps 60p/30p/24p:approx.50Mbps 100p/200p:approx.60Mbps/approx.100Mbps 50p/25p:approx.50Mbps
- Still Image File Format: DCF Ver.2.0 compatible, Exif Ver.2.3 compatible, MPF Baseline compatible
- Still Image Size(Photo Mode): Photo Mode Approx.12.0 Megapixels 16:9 (4624x2600) *When "Angle setting" is set to "WIDE". Approx.6.1 Megapixels 16:9 (3280x1848) Approx.3.0 Megapixels 16:9 (2304x1296) *When "Angle setting" is set to "MEDIUM". Time-lapse Capture Mode Approx.2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920x1080) Approx.8.3 Megapixels 16:9 (3840x2160) Motion Shot LE Photo Recording Mode Approx.2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920x1080)
- Wind Noise Reduction: Yes (Off / On)
- Audio Recording ON/OFF: Yes
- Maximum Capacity of External Media: 128GB (As of 12/2015)
- Progressive Mode: Yes
- Lens Type: ZEISS Tessar
- Lens Stabilization: Balanced Optical SteadyShot
- Aperture: F2.8
- Digital Zoom: 3x
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): Movie: f=17mm (Wide), f=23mm (Medium), f=32mm (Narrow) Photo: f=17mm (Wide), f=23mm (Medium), f=32mm (Narrow) Time-lapse Capture Mode: f=17mm (Wide), f=23mm (Medium), f=32mm (Narrow)
- Minimum Focus Distance: Approx. 19 3/4 inch (50cm)
- Focal Distance: f=2.6mm
- Steady Shot Mode:Active: 17 mm
- Metering Modes: Multi-segment
- Exposure Compensation: AE Shift
- Exposure Settings: Auto
- Scene Mode(s): Auto / Underwater
- Noise Reduction: Yes
- White Balance Mode: Auto / Color Temp / Custom
- Minimum Illumination: 6 lux (1/30 Shutter Speed)
- Backlight Compensation: Yes (Auto)
- Drive Mode: Single Shooting / Burst Shooting / Motion Shot LE
- Shutter Speeds: Auto Control Range: 1/30 - 1/10,000 (30fps)
- Media/Battery Indicator: Yes (recordable time) / Yes (remaining capacity)
- Remote Control: Yes (REC S/S, and TC Reset only)
- Fast Playback: About 5 times/10 times
- Image Management File Repair: Yes (Auto)
- On Screen Main Indicators: Recording Mode
- On Screen Main Indicators: Image stabilization
- On Screen Main Indicators: GPS Tracking Status
- On Screen Main Indicators: Shooting Mode Status
- Waterproof: Yes (In use with Underwater Housing (MPK-UWH1)
- Dustproof: Yes (In use with Underwater Housing (MPK-UWH1)
- Airplane Mode: Yes
- Embedded GPS: Yes
- Image Stabilization: Balanced Optical SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Active mode
- Loop Recording: Yes
- Shockproof: Yes (In use with Underwater Housing (MPK-UWH1)
- Time Code: Yes (XAVC S only)
- Wi-Fi: Yes (Built-in)
- NFC: One-touch remote
- Power Save: Yes
- Memory Card Slot: Memory Stick Micro and Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible
- NFC: Yes (NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible)
- Wi-Fi: Yes (IEEE 802.11b/g/n(2.4GHz band))
- HD Output: HDMI Out (micro)(sold separately)
- BRAVIA® Sync: Yes
- Microphone Input: Stereo Minijack
- HDMI Terminal: Yes (HDMI micro) (output only)
- Multi/Micro USB Terminal: Yes
- STD Output: Composite Video Out (AV CABLE VMC-15MR2 (sold separately))
- Dimensions (Approx.): 1 3/16 x 1 7/8 x 3 3/8 inches (29.4 x 47.0 x 83.0 mm)
- Weight: 1.543 lbs
- Power Consumption (in Operation): Approx.2.0W
- Power Requirements: 3.6V (battery pack)
- Battery Type: NP-BX1
- Charge on camcorder (Charging time with supplied Battery): Yes (approx. 4h 05 min)
- Display Panel: Yes
- Self-timer: Yes (2sec/10sec)
- Recording pixels (photo, 16:9): Approx.12.0 Megapixels *When "Angle setting" is set to "WIDE".
- USB Charging: DC 5 V 500 mA/800 mA
- USB Power Supply: Yes (1.5A or more is recommended)