The SONY ILCE6000YB a6000 Mirrorless Camera with 16-50mm and 55-210mm Lenses tests the limits of your creativity with the ultra-fast focusing camera. Every artistic shot you take - from fast-action to candids - benefits from 24.3MP detail and BIONZ X processor. For capturing crucial moments that go by in a blink, the Î±6000 can shoot 11 photos in one second. Itâs easy to use too, with two quick-access dials and custom buttons that let you change settings on the fly. Very intuitive.
The Power of Speed
The Sony a6000 mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera features ultra-fast autofocus (0.06 seconds), 179 AF tracking points and 11 frames per second-while capturing 24.3MP of rich, professional detail. The future of digital imaging is here.
Fast Hybrid AF with 179 phase-detection points
Enhanced Fast Hybrid AF (auto focus) combines speedy phase-detection AF with highly accurate contrast-detection AF. Accelerated through a new Spatial Object Detection algorithm, Fast Hybrid AF achieves among the fastest autofocusing performance of any camera (0.06 second).
Ultra-fast response up to 11 fps
Capture the perfect moment the a6000 realizes 11 frames per second continuous shooting with AF (Auto Focus) tracking by making the most of the wide-area 179-point phase-detection AF sensor. Even when dealing with a moving subject the a6000's superb moving-subject tracking performance ensures you get the shot during still or video capture.
High Resolution 24MP APS-C Sensor
Get incredible detail and gorgeous enlargements thanks to the newly developed 24.3 megapixel Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor. It has higher resolution than most DSLRs in a body about half the size and weight. Moreover the Î±6000 adopts the same gapless on-chip lens structure as the award-winning a7 for ultimate image quality and light sensitivity.
What you see is what you get with an OLED Viewfinder
View every scene in rich detail on the high contrast 1.4M dot Tru-Finder OLED Electronic Viewfinder. Featuring a new optical system with four double aspherical lenses, it delivers 100% frame coverage with an approximately 33° viewing angle for corner-to-corner visibility. The advantage of an EVF over an OVF is that the electronic viewfinder displays what will appear in your recordings, including the effects of your camera settings so you can fine-tune exposure, color and focus in your preview before you take the picture.
Frame at any angle with a tiltable 3 LCD
The tiltable 3.0 (921k dots) Xtra Fine LCD display makes it easy to photograph over crowds or capture pets eye to eye at low angles. Swinging up approx. 90° and down approx. 45° makes it easy to frame at any angle. The large display delivers brilliant-quality still images and movies while WhiteMagic technology dramatically increases visibility in bright daylight.
Smartphone remote control & sharing via NFC & Wi-Fi®
Sharing your gorgeous photos with your family and social networks has never been easier. Wi-Fi connectivity allows you to control your camera with your compatible Smartphone or Tablet using the PlayMemories Mobile Apps. Use your devices LCD to frame your image and control the camera shutter. You can even transfer the images taken directly to your mobile device for quick editing and uploading - sharing has never been easier. Connectivity has been simplified to one-touch utilizing NFC (near field communication). Connect by simply touch the camera to the compatible NFC enabled device.
Enhance your creativity with PlayMemories Camera Apps
Personalize your camera by adding new features with PlayMemories Camera Apps. Find apps to fit your shooting enhance your creativity from like; time lapse, motion shot light shaft and much more. Use apps that shoot, share and save photos using Wi-Fi® that make it easy to control and view your camera from smartphone, and post photos directly to Facebook or backup images to the cloud without connecting to a computer.
Full HD 1080/24/60P video
Make movie magic with Full HD 1920 x 1080 video in cinematic 24p, or capture fast action at incredible 60p and 60i frame-rates. Tracking moving subjects is not a problem, made even easier with the ±6000s 179 point AF (auto focus) system. Selectable in-camera Blu-ray quality - AVCHD or simple and easier upload to the web - MP4 codecs are available. For serious videographers, uncompressed clean-screen video files to external recording devices is possible via the HDMI® connection Capture Full 1920 x 1080 HD uncompressed clean-screen video files with external recording devices via an HDMI® connection in 60p and 60i frame rates. Selectable in-camera AVCHD codec frame rates include super-smooth 60p, standard 60i or cinematic 24p, while MP4 codec is also available for smaller files for easier upload to the web.
Easy and intuitive controls help you shoot like a pro
Despite its small size, the ±6000 gives you full DSLR control and immediate access to the functions you need to shoot like a pro. Two dials on top and a rear-mounted control wheel allow quick selection of shooting modes and camera settings. In addition to the Fn button, theres seven customizable buttons, which can be assigned any of 47 functions.
Stunning low light photos with ISO range of 100-25600
With 20% higher sensitivity than the NEX-7 due to the newly developed Exmor® CMOS sensor and BIONZ® X processor, you get stunning detail in in low light from ISO range 100 25000. And for an additional burst of light, the ±6000 features a pop-up flash and a standard hot shoe for additional flash accessories.
Low light situations not a problem
Built-in pop-up flash in a compact camera body is perfect when an extra burst of light is needed to get the shot. Combine with high ISO sensitivity - from 100 to 16000 ISO - to enable shooting in just about any setting.
Better Images through BIONZ® X processing
The new BIONZ® X image processor faithfully reproduces textures and details in real time via extra high-speed processing capabilities delivering true-to-life images - as seen by the naked eye. It enables greater natural detail, richer tonal gradations, lower noise and more realistic images whether you shoot stills or video.
New Eye AF control
Thanks to extremely accurate eye detection, faces will be sharply focused - even when capturing a subject partially turned away from the camera and with a shallow depth of field as the camera can prioritize a single pupil. A green frame appears over the prioritized eye when focus has been achieved for easy confirmation. Eye AF can be used when the function is assigned to a customizable button, allowing users to instantly activate it depending on the scene.
4K Still image output by HDMI or Wi-Fi® for viewing on 4K TVs
Enjoy Ultra High Definition slide shows directly from the camera to a compatible 4K television. The Î±6000 converts images for optimized 4K image size playback (8MP). Enjoy expressive rich colors and amazing detail like never before. Images can be viewed via an optional HDMI®.
- Lens Compatibility: Sony E-mount, (Sony A-mount, Minolta/Konica Minolta Maxxum lenses confirmed via optional LA-EA adaptor)
- Lens Mount: Sony E-mount
- Imaging Sensor: Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor (23.5 X 15.6mm)
- Processor: BIONZ X image processor
- Anti Dust: Charge protection coating on Optical Filter and ultrasonic vibration mechanism
- Pixel Gross: Approx. 24.7 megapixels
- Effective Picture Resolution: Approx. 24.3 megapixels
- Focal Length Conversion Factor: 1.5x
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color
- Media Type: SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card Memory Stick PRO Duo/Pro-HG Duo media
- Color Space: Still: sRGB standard (with sYCC gamut), Adobe RGB Movie: xvYCC standard (x.v.Color when connected via HDMI cable) Compatible with TRILUMINOS color
- Still Image Mode: RAW, RAW & JPEG, JPEG Fine, JPEG Standard
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution: 24.3M pixels (approx.)
- Still Image Size 16:9: L: 6000 x 3376 (20M) M: 4240 x 2400 (10M) S: 3008 x 1688 (5.1M)
- Still Image Size 3:2: L: 6000 x 4000 (24M) M: 4240 x 2832 (12M) S: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M)
- Panorama Still Image Size: Wide: Horizontal 23M (12,416 x 1,856), Wide: Vertical 12M (5,536 x 2,160), Standard: Horizontal 15M (8,192 x 1,856), Standard: Vertical 8.4M (3,872 x 2,160)
- Video Format: AVCHD Ver. 2.0 / MP4 (MPEG-4 AVC (H.264))
- Video Mode: AVCHD: PS - 1920x1080/60p @28Mbps FX - 1920x1080/60i @24Mbps FH - 1920x1080/60i @17Mbps FX - 1920x1080/24p @24Mbps FH - 1920x1080/24p @17Mbps MP4: HD - 1440x1080/30fps @12Mbps, VGA - 640x480/30fps @3Mbps
- Video Resolution: AVCHD: PS - 1920 x 1080 / 60p @ Maximum bit-rate 28Mbps FX - 1920 x 1080 / 60i @ Maximum bit-rate 24Mbps FH - 1920 x 1080 / 60i @ Average bit-rate 17Mbps FX - 1920 x 1080 / 24p @ Maximum bit-rate 24Mbps FH - 1920 x 1080 / 24p @ Average bit-rate 17Mbps AVC MP4: 1440 x 1080 / 30fps @ Average bit-rate 12Mbps VGA: 640 x 480 / 30fps @ Average bit-rate 3Mbps
- Audio Format: Dolby Digital (AC-3) / MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC, 2ch
- Still Image File Format: JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- Type: 0.39" (1.0 cm) OLED electronic viewfinder (color), 1,440,000 dots
- Field of View: 100% (approx. 33° vewing angle)
- Magnification: Approx. 1.07x (35mm camera equivalent: Approx. 0.70x) with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m-1 diopter
- LCD Type: 3.0" TFT LCD (921,600 dots)
- Angle Adjustment: Tilt up by approx. 90 degrees, down by approx. 45 degrees
- Brightness Control: Auto, Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather mode
- Coverage: 100%
- Live View: Continuous Live View
- Real-time image adjustment display: Yes (On/Off)
- Histogram: Yes (On/Off)
- Peaking: Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, Color: White/Red/Yellow)
- Grid Display: Yes (Rule of Thirds, Square 4x6, Diagonal & Square 4x4, Off)
- Customization: Graphic Display, Display All Info, No Disp. Info, Histogram, For viewfinder
- Zebra: Yes (levels 70, ,75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 10, 100+, off)
- Focus System: Fast Hybrid AF(phase-detection AF/contrast-detection AF)
- Focus Points: 179 points (phase-detection AF) 25 points (contrast-detection AF)
- AF Modes: AF-A (Automatic AF), AF-S (Single-shot AF), AF-C ( Continuous AF), DMF (Direct Manual Focus), Manual Focus
- Focus Area: Wide (179 points phase-detection AF, 25 points contrast-detection AF), Zone, Center-weighted, Flexible Spot (Small, Medium, Large)
- Focus Sensitivity: EV0 to EV20 (ISO100 equivalent with F2.8 lens attached)
- Focus Features: Lock-on AF, Eye AF, Predictive control, Focus lock, AF illuminator (with Built-in LED type) Approx. range; 0.3- approx. 3.0m (with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached)
- AF Illuminator: Built-in LED, Range: approx. 3' 4 - 9' 9 (0.3m-3.0m)
- Metering: Advanced 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Modes: Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
- Metering Sensitivity: EV 0 to 20 EV (at ISO100 equivalent, with F2.8 lens attached)
- Exposure Compensation: Still images: ±5.0 EV(1/3EV, 1/2EV steps selectable) Movies: ±2.0 EV(1/3EV steps selectable)
- Exposure Settings: iAUTO, Superior Auto, Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter priority (S), Manual (M), Memoru Recal (MR), Sweep Panorama, Scene Selection, Movie
- Scene Mode(s): Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night Portrait, Night View, Hand-held Twilight, Anti Motion Blur
- Picture Effect(s): 13 modes: Posterization (Color, B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R, G, B, Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera, Soft High-key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration
- D-Range Optimizer: Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level (1-5)), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1-6 EV, 1.0 EV step))
- Auto Exposure Lock: Yes with AE lock button (AE also locked when shuter button is halfway: Auto/On/Off selectable)
- ISO: Stills: ISO 100-25,600 selectable in 1/3 EV steps, Still Auto: ISO 100-25,000 selectable upper and lower limit, Movies: ISO 100-12,800 selectable in 1 EV steps, Movie Auto ISO 200-12,800 selectable upper and lower limit
- Noise Reduction: Long exposure NR: On/Off, available at shutter speeds longer than 1 sec., High ISO NR: Normal/Low/Off selectable, Multi-frame NR: Auto/ISO 100 to 51200
- Creative Style: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box(1-6), (Contrast (-3 to +3 steps), Saturation (-3 to +3 steps), Sharpness (-3 to +3 steps))
- White Balance Mode: Auto WB, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent (Warm White, Cool White, Day White, Daylight), Flash, Color Temperature (2500 to 9900K) & Color Temp. Filter (G7 to M7: 15-steps, A7 to B7: 15-steps), Custom, Underwater Auto
- Color Temperature: 2500 to 9900K & Color Filter (G7 to M7: 15-steps, A7 to B7: 15-steps)
- Exposure Bracketing: Cont. Bracket: x3 or x5 image in 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 2/3 EV, 1.0 EV, 2.0 EV, 3.0 EV increments, Single Bracket: x3 or x5 image in 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 2/3 EV, 1.0 EV, 2.0 EV, 3.0 EV increments, White Balance Bracket: Low (LO), high (HI) DRO Balance Bracket: Low (LO), high (HI)
- Shutter Type: Electronically-controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane shutter
- Drive Mode: Single Shot, Continuous shooting (Hi/Mid/Lo selectable), Self-timer (10/2 sec delay selectable), Self-timer (Cont.) (with 10 sec delay 3/5 exposures selectable), Bracket: Cont. / Single/ WB / DRO
- Continuous Shooting Speed: Continuous mode: 11fps (hi), 6fps (mid), 2.5fps (low) with AF
- Shutter Speeds: Still images: 1/4000 to 30 sec., Bulb Movies: 1/4000 to 1/4 (in 1/3 step), up to 1/60 in AUTO mode, up to 1/30 in Auto Slow Shutter mode
- Flash Sync Speed: 1/160 sec.
- Flash Type: Built-in, Pop-up
- Flash Metering System: Pre-flash TTL
- Flash Modes: Flash off, Auto flash, Fill-flash, Slow Sync., Rear Sync, Red-eye reduction (On/Off)
- Flash Compensation: ±3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- Flash Coverage: 16mm (focal length printed on lens body)
- Guide Number: 6 (in meters at ISO 100)
- Flash Bracketing: 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 EV steps, 3/5 frames (1.0/2.0/3.0 EV : only 3 frames) selectable
- Memory Card Slot: Dual compatibility slot: Memory Stick PRO Duo/Pro-HG Duo/PRO-HG HX Duo media - SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card
- NFC: Yes (NFC Forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing)
- Wi-Fi: Yes(Wi-Fi Compatible, IEEE 802.11b/g/n(2.4GHz band) )
- HD Output: HDMI micro connector (Type-D) BRAVIA Sync (link menu) PhotoTV HD 4K Still Image playback via HDMI to compatible 4K TV
- USB Port(s): USB 2.0 Hi-speed (mass-storage, MTP)
- Remote Commander: Yes, via optional RM-VPR1
- Accessory Shoe: MI (Multi-interface shoe), Standard ISO 518:2006 design with multi-pin configuration for additional accessories
- A/V Remote Terminal: Yes, via optional RM-DSLR2 wired Multi-terminal remote
- DC IN: Yes via optional AC-PW20AM (sold separately)
- HDMI Terminal: HDMI® micro connector (Type-D)
- Tripod Mount: Yes (1/4" diameter, 20 threads per inch)
- Dimensions (Approx.): Approx. 4-3/4" x 2-7/8" x 1-13/16" (120mm x 67mm x 45mm)
- Weight (Approx.): Approx. 10.1 oz (285 g) (body only) Approx. 12.1 oz (344 g) (with battery and memory stick)
- Battery Type: InfoLITHIUM® NP-FW50 (7.2V)
- Battery Capacity: 1080 mAh
- Number of Still Images: Approx. 310 shots (Viewfinder), Approx. 360 shots (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- External Power: AC Adaptor AC-PW20
- Power Consumption (in LCD Screen Operation): Approx. 2.4W (still images, with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens)
- Power Consumption (in View Finder Operation): Approx. 2.8W (still images, with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens)
- Supplied Software: Supplied Software: PlayMemories Home, Image Data Converter Version 4
- Operating System Compatibility: supported, Windows Image Mastering API(IMAPI) Ver.2.0 or later is required to use the function for creating discs.) Windows Vista® SP2 (Starter Edition is not supported) Windows® 7 SP1; Windows® 8; Mac OS X (10.6-10.8)
- Limited Warranty Term: 1 Year Parts & Labor
- Self-timer: 2-sec. or 10-sec. delay
- Power Consumption (in LCD Screen Operation): Approx. 2.4W (still images, with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens)
- AC adaptor (AC-UB10) Eyepiece cup Lens cap Lens hood Lens rear cap Micro USB cable Rechargeable battery pack (NP-FW50) SEL55210 SELP1650 Shoulder strap