Separate yourself with industry-leading noise canceling in a comfortable design. The flexible neckband design moves with you for up to 10 hours of battery life on a single charge. With quick charging capabilities, air pressure optimization, and Google Assistant & Amazon Alexa integration, The SONY WI1000XM2B Wireless NC Headphones - Black are perfectly equipped for the everyday.
Industry-leading Digital Noise Cancellation
Industry-leading noise cancellation technology means you hear every word, note, and tune with incredible clarity, no matter your environment. Additional microphones also assist in isolating sound while talking on the phone, resulting in improved phone call quality.
Flexible, comfortable neckband design
The WI-1000XM2 neckband features an upgrade in comfort and style, with more flexibility and greater comfort that makes it easy to listen all day without anything getting in your way.
Long battery life with quick charging
Get up to 10 hours of battery life on a single charge keeps you listening instead of charging. Low on battery? No problem â 10 minutes of charge time gives you an amazing 80 minutes of playback.
Activate your voice assistant with a simple touch
With the WI-1000XM2 headphones, you can choose to activate either the Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa with a simple touch. To use Amazon Alexa, simply download the Sony | Headphones Connect app and the Alexa app on your smartphoneâs application marketplace, and follow the setup instructions on the Sony | Headphones Connect app.
Sony I Headphones Connect for Android and iOS
Download the Android or iOS app to use Smart Listening by Smart Auto-settings, control your ambient sound settings and adjust the sound levels with the Equalizer.
Smart Listening by Adaptive Sound Control automatically switches modes based on your surroundings and activities
Smart Listening by Adaptive Sound Control automatically detects your activity, whether youâre travelling in an airport, walking on a crowded street, or sitting in a quiet area. You can customize the sound settings to your preferences with the Sony I Headphones Connect App.
Ambient Sound Mode
Switch to Ambient Sound mode with the Sony | Headphones Connect App to hear essential sounds when youâre listening on the move.
Noise Cancelling Optimizer
Atmospheric Pressure Optimizing delivers optimal sound at high altitude, so you can enjoy noise cancelling at its best when youâre on an airplane.
Hands-free calling with vibration notification
Conversation flows freely with easy, hands-free calling. Leave your phone where it is without missing anything important â just speak with a click.
The earbuds on the WI-1000XM2 headphones feature magnetic earbuds that attach to one another for tangle-free carrying and storage.
SENSE ENGINE tailor the sound to you
SENSE ENGINE gives you the power to tune in and out of your music at a touch.
Compact carrying case
The included compact carrying case keeps your headphones safe from tangling and being scratched or damaged.
Restore all your compressed files by DSEE HXTM
By restoring the high-range sound lost in compression, DSEE HXTM produces your digital music files in richer, clearer sound.
Wireless streaming at its best
LDAC transmits approximately three times more data (at the maximum transfer rate of 990 kbps) than conventional Bluetooth® wireless audio, which allows you to enjoy your music in exceptional sound quality â close to Hi-Res Audio.
Smart Cable management
Keep your cable neatly out of the way in the slim, zip-style holder.
Pack and keep your headphones safe to carry around all day.
Airplane adapter plug
Just plug the cable into the included airplane adapter plug for in-flight listening.
Wired for High-Resolution listening
Use the supplied cable for uninterrupted truly Hi-Res Audio and noise cancelling for up to 14 hours.
- BATTERY LIFE (CONTINUOUS COMMUNICATION TIME): Max. 9 hours (NC ON), Max. 10 hours (Ambient Sound Mode), Max. 13 hours (NC OFF)
- Battery Charge Method: USB
- Battery Charge Time: Approx. 3.5 hours, This unit can be used for 80 minutes after 10 minutes of charging.
- Battery Life (Waiting Time): Max. 11 hours (NC ON), Max. 13 hours (Ambient Sound Mode), Max. 100 hours (NC OFF)
- Battery Life (continuous music playback time): Max. 10 hours (NC ON), Max. 12 hours (Ambient Sound Mode), Max. 15 hours (NC OFF)
- Bluetooth® version: Bluetooth Specification Version 5.0
- Effective Range: Line of sight approx. 30 ft (10 m)
- Frequency Range: 2.4 GHz band (2.40002.4835 GHz)
- Profile: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
- Supported Audio Format(s): SBC, AAC, LDAC
- Supported Content Protection: SCMS-T
- Cord Length: approx. 3.28 ft
- Cord Type: Single-sided (detachable)
- DSEE HX: Yes
- Driver Unit: Hybrid
- Frequency Response: 3 Hz40,000 Hz (JEITA)
- Frequency Response (Active Operation): 20 Hz20,000 Hz (44.1 kHz Sampling)/20 Hz40,000 Hz (LDAC 96 kHz Sampling, 990 kbps)
- Frequency Response (Bluetooth® Communication): 20 Hz20,000 Hz (44.1 kHz Sampling)/20 Hz40,000 Hz (LDAC 96 kHz Sampling, 990 kbps)
- Headphone Type: Closed, Hybrid
- Impedance (Ohm): 50 ohm (1 kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned on), 17 ohm (1kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned off)
- Input(s): Stereo Mini
- Magnet: Neodymium
- NFC: Yes
- Passive Operation: Yes
- Plug: Gold-plated L-shaped Stereo Mini
- Sensitivities (dB/mW): 99 dB/mW (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned on), 94 dB/mW (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned off)
- Volume Control: Yes
- Wearing Style: Neckband
- Ambient Sound Mode: Yes
- Noise Canceling ON/OFF Switch: Yes
- Weight: Approx. 2.05 oz (main unit approx. 1.55 oz)