The Alpha 6600 include a 24.2MP Exmorâ¢ CMOS image sensor, the latest BIONZ Xâ¢ image processor and a front-end LSI as implemented in Sonyâs full-frame cameras, which combine to deliver all-round enhancements in image quality and performance across all areas of photo and video capture with the SONY ILCE6600B APS-C Mirrorless Interchangeable-Lens Camera.
24.2MP and incredible image quality
The Alpha 6600 boasts an impressive APS-C image sensor with approximately 24.2 effective megapixels, the latest BIONZ Xâ¢ image processing engine and the same front end LSI as used on Sonyâs acclaimed full-frame cameras to deliver outstanding image quality with rich detail and true-to-life color reproduction. Area specific noise reduction results in low noise even at high ISO which ranges from 100 â 32,000 (Expandable up to ISO 102,400). The design significantly increases readout speed, enabling functionality including 11fps continuous shooting, 4K recording with full pixel readout without pixel binning and Full HD 120fps high-speed shooting.
Superior autofocus with 4D FOCUSâ¢
The Alpha 6600 incorporates Sonyâs unrivaled 4D FOCUSâ¢ system for unsurpassed fast autofocus (AF) acquisition time that can lock focus on even the fastest moving subject in as little as 0.02 seconds. It also boasts an incredible 425 phase detection and 425 contrast detection AF points that are densely positioned over 84% of the image area, effectively tracking subjects as they move across the frame. Moreover, the Alpha 6600 takes full advantage of its enhanced fast hybrid AF for movies in both HD and 4K. Both AF detection accuracy and tracking performance have been boosted.
Advanced Real-time Eye AF, humans, animals and movie
Advanced âReal-time Eye AFâ employs artificial intelligence to detect and process eye data in real time, resulting in improved accuracy, speed and tracking performance of Eye AF. Eye AF can be employed for humans, animals and when recording movie. With a half press of the shutter button, the camera can automatically detect the eyes of the subject and activate Eye AF in all autofocus modes. When in either AF-C or AF-A mode, eye capture is continuously maintained. Additionally, the preferred eye (right or left) of your subject can be selected as the focus point. Choices include Auto/Right Eye/Left Eye, and a Switch Right/Left Eye function is assignable to a custom function or the touchscreen panel.
Real-time Tracking Autofocus
âReal-time Trackingâ is a state-of-the-art feature that utilizes a special object recognition algorithm that processes color, subject distance (depth), brightness (pattern) as spatial information, plus AI (Artificial Intelligence with machine learning) information including face and eye location, ensuring that all subjects can be captured with extreme accuracy and precision. This can be activated by a simple half press of the shutter button, or can be assigned to a custom function as well. The subject to be tracked can also be specified by touching it on the monitor when the Touch Tracking function is engaged.
Real-time Eye AF for animals
Advanced AI-based subject recognition technology now allows fast, precise, automatic detection and tracking of animal eyes. This new capability can vastly increase success rates when photographing animals in a variety of settings or pets at home. Real-time Eye AF animal mode can be initiated either by pressing an assigned custom button or by half-pressing the shutter button.
Real-time Eye AF for movies
The Alpha 6600 debuts Real-time Eye AF for movie shooting in an APS-C camera. When activated, human eyes are automatically identified and precisely tracked with high precision and reliability, allowing the shooter to focus on the content itself as opposed to what is in focus or not. The same Touch Tracking functionality that is provided for stills is also available for movie shooting, easily initiating Real-time Eye AF tracking on a specified eye. Right/left eye selection is available for movies too.
5-axis in-body image stabilization
5-axis SteadyShotâ¢ INSIDE image stabilization system is used in this APS-C E-mount camera while maintaining a compact lightweight body. It accurately compensates for blur caused by camera shake â for up to 5-stops - from five different directions: vertical, horizontal, pitch, yaw and roll. This means that any lens attached to the Alpha 6600 will benefit from images stabilization, whether the lens has its own image stabilization or not. The 5-axis image stabilizing system excels during video recording and even compensates for blur caused by the photographer walking or running. You can even monitor the stabilizing effects of camera shake compensation in the viewfinder or LCD screen while shooting by pressing the shutter button halfway or magnifying the image, and while shooting movies by entering movie mode.
16-bit processing and 14-bit RAW output
Image sensor output is processed in 16-bit form by the front-end LSI and BIONZ X image processing engine before being output as compressed or uncompressed 14-bit RAW files that have smoother, more natural gradations for higher overall image quality. 14-bit RAW output is available even when shooting in silent or continuous mode.
Up to 11fps at 24.2MP with AE/AF tracking
The Alpha 6600 has been designed to allow for high resolution, continuous shooting at high frame rates. It features a front-end LSI that works with the image sensor, BIONZ X image processing engine and a newly designed shutter mechanism with âbraking featureâ to enable continuous shooting at impressive speeds up to 11fps with continuous autofocus and auto-exposure tracking at full 24.2MP resolution while utilizing the mechanical shutter, and up to 8 fps with full AF/AE tracking while silent shooting.
4K movie w/ full pixel readout, no pixel binning
The Alpha 6600 offers internal 4K (QFHD: 3840 x 2160) recording in Super 35mm format with full pixel readout and no pixel binning at 2.4x oversampling (6K equivalent) for the ultimate 4K footage with exceptional detail and depth. Additional professional video features include; HDR (HLG), S-Gamut3/S-Log3and 3, plus Gamma Display Assist, the ability to record Full HD at 120 fps for up to 5x slow motion HD video, both a headphone jack and mic jack with XLR compatibility via the MI shoe, enhanced Zebra functionality, focus peaking, picture profile settings, as well as Time Code / User Bit, clean HDMI output and much more.
Touch Tracking for movies
Touch Tracking is beneficial for movie recording. Touch the subject to be tracked on the monitor, and the Real-time Tracking function will then process color, pattern (brightness), distance (depth), and face information to precisely and smoothly track the selected subject at the specified sensitivity and speed. It is also possible to half-press the shutter button or press the AF ON button while shooting to achieve fast focus (AF-S). This can be an advantage for weddings or documentaries, where there is only one chance to capture a scene. In such cases the focus area selected in advance is applied.
180-degree tiltable LCD touch screen for self-recording
The fully tiltable (180-degree), 3â (3.0-type) LCD flip screen with 921k-dots of high-resolution allows for simple and effective selfie-style shooting for both still image and video capture. Utilizing this capability, vloggers will be able to check and monitor composition throughout their entire creative process. The LCD screen is also equipped with touch functionality, with options for Touch Pad, Touch Focus, Touch Shutter and new Touch Tracking which quickly activates âReal-time Trackingâ through the touch screen.
Ultra-fast OLED w/ EVF benefits and optical viewfinder immediacy
The 2.36 million-dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder electronic viewfinder has the ability to deliver continuous live shooting at up to 8 fps with AF/AE tracking - making it easy to track fast moving subjects - thanks to overall improvements in the EVF algorithm. This offers photographers a shooting experience with the immediacy of an optical viewfinder, while still offering all of the benefits of an electronic viewfinder including a live preview of exposure, white balance and several other camera settings. This continuous live view shooting can be set in 3 stages to match a variety of subjects: 8 fps, 6 fps and 4 fps.
Wi-FiÂ®/NFCâ¢/QR code for easy file transfer and remote control
Easily connect with NFC or QR code (for non-NFC devices) to smartphones or tablets with the built-in Wi-FiÂ® and Sonyâs PlayMemories Mobileâ¢ application available for free on the Androidâ¢ and iOS platforms. Control your camera or transfer files to your device for fast and easy sharing without the need of a computer. It also supports Sonyâs growing range of PlayMemories Camera Appsâ¢, which add a variety of creative capabilities to the camera. Then when youâre done, you can use the free software to sort and manage your stills and video with PlayMemories Homeâ¢ or edit your RAW file with either Sonyâs Image Data Converter or Capture One Express (for Sony).
Professional rugged body and durable shutter mechanism
Designed for solid reliability and steady handling, the Alpha 6600âs compact body is built to withstand the rigors of shooting in the field, thanks to an internal structure of the strong and rigid magnesium alloy body. Sealing around the main buttons, dials, ports and doors are dust and moisture resistant with a double-layered structure that enhances sealing effectiveness at all camera body openings including the media compartment and terminal area. The highly durable and reliable shutter unit has been proven to endure approximately 200,000 shutter releases which ensure long-lasting shooting performance that takes into consideration the high-speed continuous shooting capabilities up to 11fps and the large number of photos shot by enthusiasts.
Make it your own with easy button and dial customization
Make operation more intuitive, quick and easy. You can assign any of 91 functions to any of 11 custom buttons. Independent function sets can be assigned for stills, movies, and playback. âMy Dialâ allows for frequently-used functions to be assigned to the control dial and control wheel. The My Menu function allows up to 30 frequently-used menu items to be registered. They can be re-ordered by frequency of use, and little-used items can be deleted, allowing the user to create a menu that reflects their usage patterns.
Interval Recording for time-lapse
Interval shooting (continuous shooting with a set interval) is possible to create time-lapse movies, without requiring an app or external interferometer. Shooting interval can be set to anywhere between 1 second and 60 seconds, and the number of shots to anywhere from 1 to 9999. AE tracking sensitivity can be set to âHighâ, âMidâ or âLowâ during interval shooting to control your exposure and silent shooting can be activated to reduce shutter vibration. To extend shooting periods, a mobile battery can be used while the internal battery remains in the camera. Still images shot can be edited into a time-lapse movie on a computer with the latest version of Imaging Edge software (Remote/Viewer/Edit) and PlayMemories Home.
Slow and quick motion
Slow and quick motion offers an almost endless variety of creative ways to express the passage of time. Frame rates from 1 fps to 120fps (100fps) can be selected in eight steps for full HD up to 50 Mbps; 60x quick motion/5x slow in NTSC and 50x quick motion/4x slow in PAL.
Designed for a pro-workflow with Picture Profiles, S-Log and Gamma Display Assist
The Alpha 6600 is equipped with S-Log3 and S-log2 gamma, common to Sonyâs range of professional video cameras. This expands the dynamic range by up to 1300% to minimize clipped highlights and loss of detail in shadows up to approximately 14-stop latitude. The included picture profiles allow users to adjust settings like gamma, black, level and color, which can be saved for use in a multi-camera shoot. It also has clean 4:2:2 8-bit Full HD and 4K output via HDMIÂ®, time code/user bit for easier editing, synchronous recording feature with compatible devices. In addition, the Î±6500 features Gamma Display Assist which displays images with the brightness and contrast close to how the image will appear after grading. This allows users to capture a flat S-log image while making it easier to control focus, contrast and exposure using the LCD monitor.
4K movie transfer to smartphone
By using the newly introduced smartphone app Imaging Edge Mobile, high-bitrate movies including 4K can be transferred to smartphones (Probability of transfer / playback depends on the performance of the smartphone). Refer to the product information for Imaging Edge Mobile for details
Imaging Edge desktop applications
To support an efficient, high speed, connected professional workflow, Sony provides âImaging Edgeâ desktop applications. Use "Remote" to control and monitor shooting live on your PC screen; "Viewer" to quickly preview, rate, and select photos from large image libraries; and "Edit" to develop RAW data into high-quality photos for delivery. Get the best from Sony RAW files, and manage your productions more efficiently. To maximize convenience in image transfer, when utilizing the latest version of Sonyâs Imaging Edge Mobileâ¢ application, the camera can now transfer images to a connected smartphone even if the cameraâs power is set to OFF. Refer to the download page for details: http://www.sony.net/disoft/d/
Sonyâs high-capacity Z batteries and circuitry designed for low power consumption make it possible to shoot up to 810 still images when using the LCD monitor or 710 images when using the viewfinder on a single charge, despite substantial increases in sensor and EVF resolution.
- Microphone: Built-in, stereo
- Speaker: Built-in, monaural
- Type: Custom key settings, Programmable Setting (Body 2 sets /memory card 4 sets), My Menu, My Dial Settings, Reg Cust Shoot Set
- Continuous Drive Speed (approx. max.): Continuous shooting: Hi+: 11 fps, Hi: 8 fps, Mid: 6 fps, Lo: 3 fps
- Drive Modes: Single Shooting, Continuous shooting (Hi+/Hi/Mid/Lo selectable), Self-timer, Self-timer (Cont.), Bracket: Single, Bracket: Cont., White Balance bracket, DRO bracket
- No. of recordable frames (approx.): JPEG Extra fine L: 99 frames, JPEG Fine L: 115 frames, JPEG Standard L: 116 frames, RAW: 46 frames, RAW & JPEG: 44 frames
- Pixel Shift Multi Shooting: -
- Self-Timer: 10 sec delay/5 sec delay/2 sec delay/Continuous self-timer (3 frames after 10 sec delay/5 frames after 10 sec delay/3 frames after 5 sec delay/5 frames after 5 sec delay/3 frames after 2 sec delay/5 frames after 2 sec delay)/Bracketing self-timer (Off/2 sec delay/5 sec delay/10sec delay)
- AE Lock: Locked when shutter button is pressed halfway. Available with AE lock button. (On/Off/Auto)
- Exposure Bracketing: Bracket: Cont., Bracket: Single, 3/5/9 frames selectable. With 3 or 5 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0, 2.0, or 3.0 EV increments, with 9 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, or 1.0 EV increments.
- Exposure Compensation: +/- 5.0 EV (1/3 EV, 1/2 EV steps selectable)
- Exposure Modes: AUTO (iAuto), Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Movie (Programmed AE (P) / Aperture priority (A) / Shutter-speed priority (S) / Manual (M) ), Slow & Quick Motion (Programmed AE (P) / Aperture priority (A) / Shutter-speed priority (S) / Manual (M) ), Scene Selection
- ISO Sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index): Still images: ISO 100-32000 ((ISO numbers up from ISO 50 to ISO 102400 can be set as expanded ISO range.), AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit) Movies: ISO 100-32000 equivalent, AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- Metering Mode: Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot, Spot Standard/Large, Entire Screen Avg., Highlight
- Metering Sensitivity: EV-2 to EV20 (at ISO100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Metering Sensor: Exmor® CMOS sensor
- Metering Type: 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Scene Selection: Portrait, Sports Action, Macro, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Hand-held Twilight, Night Portrait, Anti Motion Blur
- Control: Pre-flash TTL
- External Flash Compatibility: Sony ? System Flash compatible with Multi Interface Shoe, attach the shoe adapter for flash compatible with Auto-lock accessory shoe
- FE Level Lock: Yes
- Flash Bracketing: 3/5/9 frames selectable. With 3 or 5 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 EV increments, with 9 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0 EV increments.
- Flash Compensation: +/- 3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- Flash Modes: Flash off, Autoflash, Fill-flash, Slow Sync., Rear Sync., Red-eye reduction (on/off selectable), Wireless control, Hi-speed sync
- Flash coverage: -
- Guide No.: -
- Recycling Time: -
- TYPE: -
- Wireless Control: Yes (Light signal: Available with Fill-flash, Slow Sync., Hi-speed sync. /Radio signal: Available with Fill-flash, Rear Sync., Slow Sync., Hi-speed sync.)
- AF Illuminator: Yes (with built-in LED type)
- AF Illuminator range: Approx. 0.3 approx. 3.0 m (with E PZ 16-50 mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached)
- Focus Area: Wide (425 points (phase-detection AF), 425 points (contrast-detection AF)) / Zone / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Expanded Flexible Spot / Tracking (Wide / Zone / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Expanded Flexible Spot)
- Focus Mode: AF-A (Automatic AF), AF-S (Single-shot AF), AF-C (Continuous AF), DMF (Direct Manual Focus), Manual Focus
- Focus Point: 425 points (phase-detection AF) / 425 points (contrast-detection AF)
- Focus Sensitivity Range: EV-2 to EV 20 (ISO 100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Focus Sensor: Exmor® CMOS sensor
- Focus Type: Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF/contrast-detection AF)
- Focus type with LA-EA3 (Sold separately): phase-detection
- Other Features: Eye-start AF (only with LA-EA2 or LA-EA4 attached (Sold separately)), Object Tracking, Eye AF(Still images): Human (Right/Left Eye Select)/Animal, Eye AF(Movie): Human (Right/Left Eye Select), AF micro adjustment (Sold separately), with LA-EA2 or LA-EA4, Predictive control, Focus locks, Swt. V/H AF Area, AF Area Regist., Circ. of Focus Point
- Anti-Dust System: Charge protection coating on optical filter and image sensor shift mechanism
- Aspect Ratio: 3 : 2
- Number Of Pixels (Effective): Approx. 24.2 megapixels
- Number of Pixels (total): Approx. 25.0 megapixels
- Sensor Type: APS-C type (23.5 x 15.6 mm), Exmor® CMOS sensor
- Compensation Effect: 5.0 steps (based on CIPA standard. Pitch/yaw shake only. With Sonnar T* FE 55 mm F1.8 ZA lens mounted. Long exposure NR off.)
- TYPE: Image Sensor-Shift mechanism with 5-axis compensation (compensation depends on lens specifications)
- Bluetooth®: Yes (Bluetooth Standard Ver. 4.1 (2.4 GHz band))
- DC IN Terminal: -
- HD Output: HDMI micro connector (Type-D), BRAVIA Sync (Control for HDMI), PhotoTV HD, 4K movie output/4K still image PB
- Headphone Terminal: Yes
- Mic Terminal: Yes (3.5 mm Stereo minijack)
- Multi Interface Shoe: Yes
- Multi/Micro USB Terminal: Yes
- NFC: Yes (NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible), One-touch remote, One-touch sharing
- PC Interface: Mass-storage, MTP, PC remote
- PC Remote: Yes
- Remote Control (Wireless): Yes (IR remote control/Bluetooth remote control)
- Sync terminal: -
- Vertical Grip Connector: -
- Wireless LAN (Built-In): Yes (Wi-Fi Compatible, IEEE 802.11b/g/n (2.4 GHz band)), View on Smartphone, Remote control via Smartphone, Send to Computer, View on TV
- Adjustable Angle: Up by approx. 180 degrees, Down by approx. 74 degrees
- Brightness Control: Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather mode
- Display Content: Graphic Display, Display All Info, No Disp. Info, Digital Level Gauge, Histogram, For viewfinder, Monitor Off
- Focus Magnifier: Yes Focus Magnifier (5.9x, 11.7x)
- Monitor Type: 2.95 in (3.0-type) wide type TFT
- Number of Dots: 921,600 dots
- Others: WhiteMagic, Grid Line, (Rule of 3rds Grid/Square Grid/Diag. + Square Grid/Off), Movie Marker, (Center/Aspect/Safety Zone/Guideframe)
- Peaking MF: Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, Color: Red/Yellow/Blue/White)
- Quick Navi: Yes
- Real-time Image Adjustment Display (LCD): On/Off
- Touch Panel: Yes
- Zebra: Yes (selectable level + range or lower limit as custom setting)
- Lens Compatibility: Sony E-mount lenses
- Lens Mount: E-mount
- Setting: Peripheral Shading, Chromatic Aberration, Distortion
- Multi Frame NR: Auto/ ISO 100 to 102400
- Noise Reduction: Long exposure NR: On/Off, available at shutter speeds longer than 1 sec., High ISO NR: Normal/Low/Off
- Clear Image Zoom: Still images: Approx. 2x, Movies: Approx. 1.5x (4K), Approx. 2x (HD)
- Digital Zoom: Smart zoom (Still images): M: Approx. 1.4x, S: Approx. 2x, Digital zoom (Still images): L: Approx. 4x, M: Approx. 5.7x, S: Approx. 8x, Digital zoom (Movie): Approx. 4x
- Face Detection: Modes: Face Priority in AF (On/Off), Face Priority in Multi Metering (On/Off), Regist. Faces Priority (On/Off), Face registration, Max. number of detectable: 8 faces
- Others: Interval Recording (160-second interval, 19,999 shots, AE lock/AE tracking (High/Mid/Low)), Touch Shutter, Touch Focus: Yes (Touch Focus/Touch Pad/Touch Tracking), ISO AUTO Min. SS, Bright Monitoring, Copyright Info, Set File Name, Help guide, Area Setting, Shop Front Mode, Zoom Ring Rotate
- PlayMemories Camera Apps: -
- Self-Portrait Self-Timer: Yes
- Operating Temperature: 32 - 104 degrees F / 0 - 40 degrees C
- Modes: Single (with or without shooting information Y RGB histogram & highlight/shadow warning), 12/30-frame index view, Enlarged display mode (L: 16.7x, M: 11.8x, S: 8.3x), Auto Review (10/5/2 sec, Off), Image orientation (Auto/Manual/Off selectable), Slideshow, Folder selection (Date/ Still/ AVCHD/XAVC S HD/XAVC S 4K), Forward/Rewind (movie), Delete, Protect, Rating, Display as group
- Photo Capture: Yes
- Battery Life (Movie, actual recording): Approx. 140 min (Viewfinder) / Approx. 150 min (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- Battery Life (Movie, continuous recording): Approx. 250 min (Viewfinder) / Approx. 250 min (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- Battery Life (Still Images): Approx. 720 shots (Viewfinder) / Approx. 810 shots (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- External Power: -
- Internal Battery Charge: Yes
- Power consumption with LCD screen: Still images: approx. 2.4 W (with E 18135-mm F3.55.6 OSS lens attached), Movies: approx. 3.9 W (with E 18135-mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached)
- Power consumption with Viewfinder: Still images: approx. 2.7 W (with E 18135-mm F3.55.6 OSS lens attached), Movies: approx. 3.9 W (with E 18135-mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached)
- Supplied Battery: One rechargeable battery pack NP-FZ100
- USB Power Supply: Yes
- Compatible Standards: Exif Print, Print Image Matching III, DPOF setting
- 14bit RAW: Yes
- Color Space: sRGB standard (with sYCC gamut) and Adobe RGB standard compatible with TRILUMINOS Color
- Creative Style: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box (1-6), (Contrast (-3 to +3 steps), Saturation (-3 to +3 steps), Sharpness (-3 to +3 steps))
- Dynamic Range Functions: Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level (1-5)), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1-6 EV, 1.0 EV step))
- IMAGE SIZE (PIXELS) [1:1] : L: 4000 x 4000 (16M), M: 2832 x 2832 (8.0M), S: 2000 x 2000 (4.0M)
- Image Quality Modes: RAW, RAW & JPEG (Extra fine, Fine, Standard), JPEG (Extra fine, Fine, Standard)
- Image Size (pixels) [16:9]: L: 6000 x 3376 (20 M), M: 4240 x 2400 (10 M), S: 3008 x 1688 (5.1 M)
- Image Size (pixels) [3:2]: L: 6000 x 4000 (24M), M: 4240 x 2832 (12M), S: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M)
- Image Size (pixels) [Sweep Panorama]: -
- Picture Effect: 8 types: Posterization (Color), Posterization (B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R/G/B/Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera (Normal/Cool/Warm/Green/Magenta), Soft High-key, Rich-tone Monochrome
- Picture Profile: Yes (Off/PP1-PP10) Parameters: Black level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-4, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2, S-Log3, HLG, HLG1-3), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Saturation, Color Phase, Color Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset
- Recording Format: JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver.2.31, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- Uncompressed RAW: -
- Audio Recording Format: XAVC S: LPCM 2ch, AVCHD: Dolby® Digital (AC-3) 2ch, Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator
- Color Space: xvYCC standard (x.v.Color when connected via HDMI cable) compatible with TRILUMINOS Color
- Creative Style: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box (16), (Contrast (-3 to +3 steps), Saturation (-3 to +3 steps), Sharpness (-3 to +3 steps))
- HDMI Output: 3840 x 2160 (30p), 3840 x 2160 (25p), 3840 x 2160 (24p), 1920 x 1080 (60p), 1920 x 1080 (60i), 1920 x 1080 (50p), 1920 x 1080 (50i), 1920 x 1080 (24p), YCbCr 4:2:2 8 bit / RGB 8 bit
- Image Size (pixels), NTSC: XAVC S 4K: 3840 x 2160 (30p, 100 M), 3840 x 2160 (24p, 100 M), 3840 x 2160 (30p, 60 M), 3840 x 2160 (24p, 60 M), XAVC S HD: 1920 x 1080 (120p, 100M), 1920 x 1080 (120p, 60M), 1920 x 1080 (60p, 50M), 1920 x 1080 (30p, 50M), 1920 x 1080 (24p, 50M), 1920 x 1080 (60p, 25M), 1920 x 1080 (30p, 16M), AVCHD: 1920 x 1080 (60i, 24M, FX), 1920 x 1080 (60i, 17M, FH)
- Image Size (pixels), PAL: XAVC S 4K: 3840 x 2160 (25p, 100 M), 3840 x 2160 (25p, 60 M), XAVC S HD: 1920 x 1080 (100p, 100M), 1920 x 1080 (100p, 60M), 1920 x 1080 (50p, 50M), 1920 x 1080 (25p, 50M), 1920 x 1080 (50p, 25M), 1920 x 1080 (25p, 16M), AVCHD: 1920 x 1080 (50i, 24 M, FX), 1920 x 1080 (50i, 17 M, FH)
- Movie Functions: Audio Level Display, Audio Rec Level, PAL/NTSC Selector, Proxy Recording (1280 x 720 (Approx. 9 Mbps)), TC/UB (TC Preset/UB Preset/TC Format/TC Run/TC Make/UB Time Rec), Auto Slow Shutter, REC Control, Clean HDMI Info. (ON/OFF selectable), Gamma Disp. Assist
- Picture Effect: Posterization (Color), Posterization (B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R/G/B/Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera (Normal/Cool/Warm/Green/Magenta), Soft High-key
- Picture Profile: Yes (Off/PP1-PP10) Parameters: Black level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-4, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2, S-Log3, HLG, HLG1-3), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Saturation, Color Phase, Color Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset
- Recording Format: XAVC S, AVCHD format Ver. 2.0 compliant
- Slow & quick motion (recording frame rate & image size) : NTSC mode: 1920 x 1080 (60p, 30p, 24p), PAL mode: 1920 x 1080 (50p, 25p)
- Slow & quick motion (shooting frame rate) : NTSC mode: 1 fps, 2 fps, 4 fps, 8 fps ,15 fps, 30 fps, 60 fps, 120 fps, PAL mode: 1fps, 2fps, 3fps, 6fps, 12fps, 25fps, 50fps, 100fps
- Video Compression: XAVC S: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, AVCHD: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Location information Link from smartphone: Yes
- Media: Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick Micro (M2), SD memory card, SDHC memory card (UHS-I compliant), SDXC memory card (UHS-I compliant), microSD memory card, microSDHC memory card, microSDXC memory card
- Memory Card Slot: Multi-slot reader for Memory Stick Duo/SD memory card
- Electronic Front Curtain Shutter: Yes (ON/OFF)
- Flash Sync. Speed: 1/160 sec.
- Shutter Speed: Still images: 1/4,000 to 30 seconds, Bulb, Movies: 1/4000 to 1/4 (1/3 steps), up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto slow shutter mode)
- Silent Shooting: Yes (ON/OFF)
- TYPE: Electronically controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane type
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 4 3/4" x 2 3/4" x 2 3/4", Approx. 4 3/4" x 2 3/4 "x 2 3/8" (from grip to monitor), Approx. 120.0 mm x 66.9 mm x 69.3 mm, Approx. 120.0 mm x 66.9 mm x 59.0 mm (grip to monitor)
- Weight (with battery and memory card included): Approx. 1 lb 1.8 oz, Approx. 503 g
- Brightness Control (Viewfinder): Auto/Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2)
- Color Temperature Control: Manual (5 steps)
- Diopter Adjustment: -4.0 +3.0 m-1
- Display Contents: Graphic Display, Display All Info, No Display Info, Digital Level Gauge, Histogram
- Eye Point: Approx. 0.91 inches (23 mm) from the eyepiece lens, 0.84 inches (21.4 mm) from the eyepiece frame at -3.28 feet (-1 m)-1 (CIPA standard)
- Field Coverage: 100%
- Finder Frame Rate Selection: NTSC mode: STD 60fps / HI 120fps, PAL mode: STD 50fps / HI 100fps
- Magnification: Approx. 1.07x (35 mm camera equivalent: Approx. 0.70x) with 50 mm lens at infinity, -1m-1
- Number of Dots: 2,359,296 dots
- Viewfinder Type: 1.0 cm (0.39 type) electronic viewfinder (color)
- AWB Micro Adjustment: Yes (G7 to M7, 57-step) (A7 to B7, 29-step)
- Bracketing: 3 frames, H/L selectable
- Priority Set in AWB: Yes
- SHUTTER AWB LOCK : Yes (Shut. Halfway Down/ Cont. Shooting/ Off)
- White Balance Modes: Auto / Daylight / Shade / Cloudy / Incandescent / Fluorescent (Warm White / Cool White / Day White / Daylight) / Flash / Underwater / Color Temperature (2500 to 9900K) & color filter (G7 to M7 (57-step), A7 to B7 (29-step)) / Custom