The SONY ILCZVE10LW Alpha ZV-E10 - APS-C Interchangeable Lens Mirrorless Vlog Camera Kit - White features a large APS-C sensor and BIONZ X image processing engine to produce high-quality imagery with high-sensitivity and beautiful natural bokeh. The E-mount interchangeable lens system offers a wide selection to suit your style while the flip-out vari-angle LCD, advanced audio options and features designed specifically for vlogging make this the ideal content creators camera.
Made for video creators and vloggers
At its core, the ZV-E10 features a 24.2-megapixel* (approx. effective) APS-C Exmor CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processing engine to produce high-quality imagery with high-sensitivity, detailed texture depiction and beautiful natural bokeh. The ZV-E10 also includes the acclaimed vlogging-specific features favored in the popular ZV-1 digital camera, including; “Background Defocus”, “Product Showcase Setting” and “Face Priority AE” along with Sony’s highly acclaimed autofocus. Take your vlogging to the next level with the ZV-E10.
Find a lens to match your style
Professional-looking vlogs are easy with the interchangeable lens ZV-EIO camera. Thanks to Sony's extensive range of E-mount lenses, you have a wide variety to capture the world however you choose to see it. Incorporate background scenery into your script with a wide-angle lens, or make the subject grab the viewer's attention by using a wide aperture lens with an artfully blurred background. Move in closer with a macro lens or pull in distant scenes with a telephoto lens. Choose how you see the world and pick the lens that matches your style.
A large-format image sensor for professional-quality images
The ZV-E10's impressive images are the result of the camera's large 24.2 MP* APS-C Exmor image sensor. Compared to other cameras, the image sensor of the ZV-E10 is more than ten times* bigger than a smartphone sensor and three times bigger than a premium 1” sensor found in compact cameras, allowing for beautiful, professional-looking images with high resolution and intricate detail.
High-quality images with minimal noise
The ZV-E10's large-format image sensor is designed to maximize light collection, producing 4K movies with high-quality images and less noise, even when you're shooting in a dimly lit setting.
Instant easy access to controls
When you're shooting a vlog session, the last thing you want to do is fumble for buttons. With the ZV-E10 you'll find the MOVIE button right on top, for quick access. There's also a handy zoom lever, and a mode button that lets you easily switch between Still/Movie/S&Q to access still images, normal videos and Slow & Quick Motion modes.
Designed for simple selfie and vlog shoots
Weighing in at just 12.8 ounces (364 grams), the ZV-E10 is ready to hit the road with you whenever you're ready to vlog. The side-opening vari-angle LCD screen makes it easy to take selfies and check your framing, even when you're shooting from high or low positions. Even the ergonomic grip is designed for a safe and stable hold.
4K video with oversampling for greater detail
The ZV-E10 delivers extremely detailed and crisp 4k from direct pixel readout and no pixel binning. Using the full width of the 24.2MP sensor, means it oversamples roughly the equivalent of 6k, approximately 2.4 times the actual resolution needed to produce its highly detailed 4 video.
Let Real-time AF Tracking do the focusing for you
The ZV-EI0's Al (Artificial Intelligence) driven Real-time AF Tracking is intuitive to use. Simply touch the monitor to indicate the subject you want to focus on and Real-time Tracking will take it from there, keeping a steady hold on the subject.
Fast, precise autofocus
Even quick-moving subjects stay in focus thanks to the zv-E10's Fast Hybrid AF system. With 425 phase-detection points covering around 84% of the sensor's image area, this wide coverage and dense AF point placement help to precisely capture subjects that might otherwise be difficult to focus on.
Protection against recording failures
You won’t be caught off-guard asking “Are we recording?” or miss a moment because you thought you were but weren’t. The ZV-EIO tells you at-a-glance if you’re recording or not. A tally (recording) lamp on the front of the camera lights up in red and the LCD monitor displays a bold red frame, letting you and your subject know when recording is in progress.
Easy background blur control
There's no need for complicated manual adjustments — the Background Defocus features lets you simple press a single button to turn background blurring (bokeh) on and off. The button switches between the attached lenses maximum aperture for a blurred, bokeh-rich background and either f/8 or f/11 (depending on lens) for a clearly focused one, skipping all the complex manual settings. A defocused background highlights you or your subject , while having everything in focus is great for showing a location or setting.
Precise focus transitions for smooth-looking product reviews
With just the press of a button, you can activate the ZV-EI0's Product Showcase Setting, ideal for product review videos. With the setting activated, whenever you hold a product up in front of the camera the focus will shift automatically to that object and then back to your face again when you move the product out of frame. This setting is available even when image stabilization is set to Active.
Leave it up to the camera to focus on you
With the ZV-EIO you can concentrate on the more creative aspects of vlogging. The camera's Eye AF feature uses sophisticated algorithms to detect, recognize and track a subject's eyes quickly and accurately, keeping a tight focus on a person's eyes.
Smooth, soft skin appearance
The ZV-EIO features a Soft Skin Effect to smooth your skin's appearance. The feature is designed to smooth out your skin while preserving sharpness in the eye and mouth regions. You can select from four levels (from "off to "high") to determine the level of this effect, depending on your preference.
Stay brightly lit wherever you go
Even when lighting conditions change abruptly, the ZV-EIO makes sure that you'll always be brightly lit. From direct sunlight and backlit angles to shadows and dimly lit interior corners, the camera detects the subject's face and automatically handles changes in brightness, performing rapid exposure adjustments to compensate. And if you or your subjects face is no longer visible in the frame, the camera will adjust exposure smoothly to avoid harsh shifts in image brightness levels for a more pleasing movie.
Natural-looking skin tones
The ZV-EIO is designed to produce healthy and natural-looking skin tones for everyone without extra editing. Thanks to the ZV-EI0's natural color tuning, the camera automatically fine-tunes skin appearance.
Easy speed-up and slowed-down motion
The camera's S&Q (Slow & Quick) Motion modes record videos up to 5x slower than real time or up to 60x faster You can record at up to 50 Mbps with full HD quality, and it's all done in-camera, so you don't need to do any editing on a PC. You can also do highspeed full HD recording at 120fps to create high-resolution slow-motion sequences in post-production.
Designed for clear voice recording
Equipped with a built-in Directional 3-Capsule Mic, the ZV-EIO records voices clearly even in crowded settings. It's optimized to capture voices in front of the camera with fewer distracting ambient sounds, perfect for vlogging use. For clear recording even outdoors, the ZV-EIO comes with a wind screen that can easily be attached to the Multi Interface (Ml) Shoe to reduce wind noise, allowing worry-free recording when shooting in windy conditions.
Smooth and stable images even while walking
The ZV-EI0 will help keep things smooth and steady when you're on the move. Active Mode electronic image stabilization delivers stable video footage with minimal shake and blur during hand-held recording, and it's available even when the Product Showcase Setting is on.
Easy sound monitoring
Make sure that you're getting exactly the audio stream that you're hoping for. The ZV-EIO features a standard 3.5mm headphone output so you can connect a set of headphones to monitor whether the audio is being properly recorded.
For even higher audio quality
Unlike conventional analog audio transmission, you'll never need to worry about cable signal interference. Just pair the ZV-EIO with any Sony microphone that supports a Digital Audio Interface via an Ml Shoe for clear, low-noise, all-digital audio. In addition, the ZV-E10 supports analogue MI shoe microphones, or you can connect a microphone via the 3.5mm mic jack located above the LCD when flipped out so cables don’t get in the way of the screen.
Vertical shooting without complications
Movies shot in a vertical orientation for some social media applications can be viewed the same way on a PC or smartphone, thanks to metadata recorded by the camera. There's no need to rotate the video manually, convenient when you're sharing your work on social media.
Transfer to a smartphone for quick sharing
The ZV-EIO makes it easy to share 4K movies and still images after shooting. Even when the camera is turned off, your images can continue to be transferred wirelessly from the camera to a smartphone, to be shared as soon as you're ready.
Optional grip for easy one-handed operation
The Bluetooth®-enabled GP-VPT2BT grip (sold separately) provides easy, cable-free remote control of recording and zoom functions along with a custom button. Zoom and record operations are accessible for one-handed shooting, and the Background Defocus (Bokeh) Switch is also assigned by default to an easy-to-reach button for operation with a single touch.
Add special effects in-camera
You can switch up your colors to create a variety of artistic effects without any additional post-production. Just change the Creative Style setting, or choose from seven* different visual effects using Picture Effect mode.
Flexible control over color tones with S-Log support
If you want greater flexibility in adjusting colors during post-production, you'll appreciate the ZV-E10's support for S-Log, the standard for maximizing sensor performance in professional cameras. S-Log allows for a wide dynamic range, giving you the increased visual data you need for greater color control during post-production editing on a PC.
Edit movies from your smartphone
Movie footage shot with the camera is easy to edit on a smartphone using the Movie Edit add-on from the Imaging Edge TM Mobile app. The image stabilization feature uses the camera's gyro sensor data to smooth out the video and compensate for camera shake. There's also an intelligent framing feature that uses camera data to let you crop video and change aspect ratios while ensuring that the main subject remains in the frame.
Fine-tune your transitions when you switch focus
When you switch focus from one subject to another, you'll enjoy fine-tuned control over AF Transition Speed. Transition speed controls whether to perform a quick autofocus transition or a more gradual one, with seven different levels available.
Create time-lapse movies
With the ZV-E10's interval shooting mode you can create evocative time-lapse movies assembled from still shots. The shooting interval can be adjusted from 1-60 seconds between shots, with up to 9,999 shots possible. You can see an in-camera preview of what the finished movie will look like, then use Sony's free Imaging Edge Desktop on a PC to put together the final footage.
Produce 4K HDR movies with true-to-life colors
Natural, realistic-looking colors in 4K HDR movies can be achieved without post-production or color grading, thanks to the camera's support for recording 4K HDR (High Dynamic Range) footage using the preset HLG picture profile.
Handle long shooting sessions without battery worries
When you're shooting outdoors or anywhere without a power supply, you can rely on the camera's battery to power up to 125 minutes of continuous movie shooting or up to 440 still images. The camera also supports external power through a USB [email protected] connector, allowing an external mobile battery to further extend your recording time.
Switch to AC power when you need to shoot for longer durations
When you're live-streaming or just engaging in an extended indoor shoot with access to an AC power supply, you can use an AC adaptor like the ACPW20AM (sold separately) and never have to worry about running out of battery power.
Live-stream setup is easy
With a single cable, the ZV-EI0 can be used as an online communication tool, taking advantage of its large sensor and built-in mic. To use the ZV-EI0 as an external camera , connect it to a PC23 or a Sony XperiaTM smartphone22 via a USB Type-C® cable connection. You can also assign USB Streaming mode to a custom button for quick streaming.
Imaging Edge Desktop™
Elevate your moviemaking and still photography with Imaging Edge Desktop applications. Use "Remote" to control and monitor shooting live on your PC screen; "Viewer" to quickly preview, rate, and select photos from large image libraries; and "Edit" to develop RAW data into high-quality photos for delivery. Get the best from Sony RAW files and manage your productions more efficiently. Learn more about Imaging Edge applications at https://imagingedge.sony.net
Enhanced image stabilization and editing functions
Camera-shake metadata is recorded by the built-in gyro, allowing handheld footage to be smoothed out and stabilized in post-production. Using Sony's Catalyst Browse / Catalyst Prepare desktop application you can easily balance automated shake-compensation and image-trimming levels. Catalyst can also make effective use of recorded camera-rotation data.
- Lens Mount: E-mount
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2
- Number Of Pixels (Effective): Approx. 24.2 megapixels
- Number of Pixels (total): Approx. 25.0 megapixels
- Sensor Type: APS-C type (23.5 x 15.6 mm), Exmor CMOS sensor
- Anti-Dust System: -
- Recording Format: XAVC S
- Video Compression: XAVC S: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Audio Recording Format: XAVC S: LPCM 2ch
- Colour Space: xvYCC standard (x.v.Color when connected via HDMI cable) compatible with TRILUMINOS Color
- Picture Effect: 7 types: Toy Camera (Normal / Cool / Warm / Green / Magenta), Pop Color, Posterization (Color, B/W), Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color (R/G/B/Y), High Contrast Monochrome
- Creative Style: Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Black & White, Sepia
- Picture Profile: Yes (Off / PP1-PP10) Parameters: Black level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-4, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2, S-Log3, HLG, HLG1-3), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Saturation, Color Phase, Color Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset
- Creative Look: -
- MOVIE RECORDING SYSTEM (XAVC S 4K): 3840 x 2160 (4:2:0, 8bit, NTSC) (Approx.) 30p (100Mbps / 60Mbps), 3840 x 2160 (4:2:0, 8bit, NTSC) (Approx.) 24p (100Mbps / 60Mbps), 3840 x 2160 (4:2:0, 8bit, PAL) (Approx.) 25p (100Mbps / 60Mbps)
- MOVIE RECORDING SYSTEM (XAVC S HD): 1920 x 1080 (4:2:0, 8bit, NTSC) (Approx.) 120p (100Mbps / 60Mbps), 1920 x 1080 (4:2:0, 8bit, NTSC) (Approx.) 60p (50Mbps / 25Mbps), 1920 x 1080 (4:2:0, 8bit, NTSC) (Approx.) 30p (50Mbps / 16Mbps), 1920 x 1080 (4:2:0, 8bit, NTSC) (Approx.) 24p (50Mbps), 1920 x 1080 (4:2:0, 8bit, PAL) (Approx.) 100p (100Mbps / 60Mbps), 1920 x 1080 (4:2:0, 8bit, PAL) (Approx.) 50p (50Mbps / 25Mbps), 1920 x 1080 (4:2:0, 8bit, PAL) (Approx.) 25p (50Mbps / 16Mbps)
- SLOW & QUICK MOTION (SHOOTING FRAME RATE): NTSC mode: 1fps、2fps、4fps、8fps、15fps、30fps、60fps、120fps / PAL mode: 1fps、2fps、3fps、6fps、12fps、25fps、50fps、100fps
- Movie Functions: Audio Level Display, Audio Rec Level, PAL/NTSC Selector, Proxy Recording (1280 x 720 (Approx.9Mbps)), TC/UB, Auto Slow Shutter, Gamma Disp. Assist
- Location information Link from smartphone: Yes
- Media: Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo,Memory Stick Micro (M2), SD memory card, SDHC memory card (UHS-I compliant), SDXC memory card (UHS-I compliant), microSD memory card, microSDHC memory card, microSDXC memory card
- Memory Card Slot: Multi slot for Memory Stick Duo / SD memory card
- Noise Reduction: Long exposure NR: On/Off, available at shutter speeds longer than 1 s, High ISO NR: Normal / Low / Off
- White Balance Modes: Auto / Daylight / Shade / Cloudy / Incandescent / Fluorescent / Flash / Underwater / Color Temperature (2500 to 9900 K) & color filter / Custom
- SHUTTER AWB LOCK: -
- Focus Type: Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF / contrast-detection AF)
- Focus Sensor: Exmor CMOS sensor
- Focus Point: 425 points (phase-detection AF) / 425 points (contrast-detection AF)
- Focus Sensitivity Range: EV-3 to EV20 (ISO100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Focus Mode: AF-A (Automatic AF), AF-S (Single-shot AF), AF-C (Continuous AF), DMF (Direct Manual Focus), Manual Focus
- Focus Area: Wide / Zone / Center / Flexible Spot / Expanded Flexible Spot / Tracking
- EYE AF: [Still images] Human (Right/Left Eye Select) / Animal, [Movie] Human (Right/Left Eye Select)
- Other Features: AF micro adjustment, (Sold separately) with LA-EA2 or LA-EA4, Predictive control, Focus lock, AF Transition Speed (Movie), AF Subj. Shift Sensitivity (Movie)
- AF Illuminator: -
- Focus type with LA-EA3 (Sold separately): phase-detection
- Metering Type: 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Sensor: Exmor CMOS sensor
- Metering Sensitivity: EV-2 to EV20 (ISO100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Metering Mode: Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot, Entire Screen Avg., Highlight
- Exposure Compensation: +/- 5.0EV (1/3 EV, 1/2 EV steps selectable)
- Exposure Bracketing: Bracket: Cont., Bracket: Single, 3/5 frames selectable. (Ambient light, Flash light)
- AE Lock: Yes
- Exposure Modes: AUTO (iAuto / Superior Auto), Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Movie (iAuto, Programmed AE (P) / Aperture priority (A) / Shutter-speed priority (S) / Manual (M)), Slow & Quick Motion (Programmed AE (P) / Aperture priority (A) / Shutter-speed priority (S) / Manual (M)), Sweep Panorama, Scene Selection
- ISO Sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index): [Still images] ISO 100-32000 (ISO numbers up from ISO 50 to ISO 51200 can be set as expanded ISO range.), AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit), [Movies] ISO 100-32000 equivalent, AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- Anti-flicker Shoot: -
- Scene Selection: Portrait, Sports Action, Macro, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Hand-held Twilight, Night Portrait, Anti Motion Blu
- Viewfinder Type: -
- Monitor Type: 7.5 cm (3.0-type) type TFT
- Number of Dots: 921 600 dots
- Touch Panel: Yes (Touch focus / Touch tracking / Touch shutter)
- Brightness Control: Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather mode
- Adjustable Angle: Opening Angle: Approx. 176 deg., Rotation Angle: Approx. 270 deg.
- Focus Magnifier: Yes, Focus Magnifier (5.9x / 11.7x)
- Top Panel: -
- PlayMemories Camera Apps™: -
- Clear Image Zoom: [Still images] Approx. 2x, [Movies] Approx. 1.5x (4K), Approx. 2x (HD)
- Digital Zoom: Smart zoom (Still images):M: Approx. 1.4x, S: Approx. 2x, Digital zoom (Still images):L: Approx. 4x, M: Approx. 5.7x, S: Approx. 8x, Digital zoom (Movie): Approx. 4x
- Face Detection: Face/Eye Priority in AF, Face Priority in Multi Metering, Regist. Faces Priority
- Self-Portrait Self-timer: Yes
- Others: Product Showcase Set, Background Defocus, Interval recording, Self-portrait Sel-timer, Bright Monitoring, Help guide
- Type: Electronically-controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane type
- Shutter Type: Mechanical shutter / Electronic shutter
- Shutter Speed: [Still images] 1/4000 to 30 s, Bulb, [Movies] 1/4000 to 1/4 (1/3 steps), up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto slow shutter mode)
- Flash Sync. Speed: 1/160 s
- Electronic Front Curtain Shutter: Yes (ON/OFF)
- Silent Shooting: Yes (ON/OFF)
- Type: [Still images] Image stabilization supported on lens, [Movie] Image stabilization supported on lens (Standard Mode) / Electronic (Active Mode)
- Compensation Effect: -
- Type: -
- Guide No.: -
- Flash coverage: -
- Control: Pre-flash TTL
- Flash Compensation: +/- 3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- Flash Modes: Flash off, Autoflash, Fill-flash, Slow Sync., Rear Sync., Wireless control, Hi-speed sync
- Recycling Time: -
- External Flash Compatibility: Sony α System Flash compatible with Multi Interface Shoe, attach the shoe adaptor for flash compatible with Auto-lock accessory shoe
- FE Level Lock: Yes
- Wireless Control: Yes (Light signal: Available with Fill-flash, Slow Sync., Hi-speed sync. / Radio signal: Available with Fill-flash, Rear Sync., Slow Sync., Hi-speed sync.)
- Drive Modes: Single Shooting, Continuous shooting (Hi+/Hi/Mid/Lo selectable), Self-timer, Self-timer (Cont.), Bracket:Single, Bracket:Cont., White Balance bracket, DRO bracket
- Continuous Drive Speed (approx. max.): Continuous shooting: Hi+: 11 fps, Hi: 8 fps, Mid: 6 fps, Lo: 3 fps
- No. of recordable frames (approx.): JPEG Extra fine L: 99 frames, JPEG Fine L: 116 frames, JPEG Standard L: 137 frames, RAW: 46 frames, RAW & JPG: 45 frames
- Self-Timer: 10 s delay / 5 s delay / 2 s delay / Continuous self-time / Bracketing self-timer
- Pixel Shift Multi Shooting: -
- Photo Capture: Yes
- Modes: Single (with or without shooting information Y RGB histogram & highlight / shadow warning), Index view, Enlarged display mode (L: 18.8x, M: 13.3x, S: 9.4x, Panorama (Standard): 25.6x, Panorama (Wide): 38.8x), Auto Review, Image orientation, Slideshow, Panorama scrolling, Folder selection (Date / Still / XAVC S HD / XAVC S 4K), Protect, Rating, Display as Group
- Bluetooth: Yes (Bluetooth Standard Ver. 4.1 (2.4 GHz band))
- Multi Interface Shoe: Yes (with Digital Audio Interface)
- Mic Multi Interface Shoe: Yes (3.5 mm Stereo minijack)
- Sync Terminal: -
- Headphone Terminal: Yes (3.5 mm Stereo minijack)
- Vertical Grip Connector: -
- LAN Terminal: -
- FUNCTIONS: View on Smartphone, Remote control via Smartphone, PC Remote, BRAVIA Sync (Control for HDMI), PhotoTV HD
- Microphone: Built-in, stereo
- Speaker: Built-in, monaural
- Compatible Standards: Exif Print, Print Image Matching III, DPOF setting
- Type: Custom key settings, Programmable Setting (Body 1 set /memory card 4 sets), My Menu
- Setting: Peripheral Shading, Chromatic Aberration, Distortion
- Supplied Battery: One rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50
- Battery Life (Still Images): Approx. 440 shots (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- Battery Life (Movie, actual recording): Approx. 80 min (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- Battery Life (Movie, continuous recording): Approx. 125 min (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- Internal Battery Charge: Yes
- External Power: AC Adaptor AC-PW20 (sold separately)
- Power consumption with LCD screen: [Still images] Approx. 2.0 W (with E PZ 16-50 mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached), [Movies] Approx. 3.5 W (with E PZ 16-50 mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached)
- USB Power supply: Yes
- Operating Temperature: 0 - 40 ℃ / 32 - 104 °F
- Weight (with battery and memory card included): Approx. 343 g, Approx. 12.1 oz
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 115.2 x 64.2 x 44.8 mm (FROM GRIP TO MONITOR), Approx. 4 5/8 x 2 5/8 x 1 13/16 inches, (FROM GRIP TO MONITOR)
- What's In The Box: Rechargeable Battery NP-FW50, AC Adaptor, Shoulder strap, USB-A to USB-C cable (USB 2.0), Wind Screen ,Wind Screen Adaptor, Body cap Rechargeable Battery NP-FW50, AC Adaptor, Shoulder strap, USB-A to USB-C cable (USB 2.0), Wind Screen ,Wind Screen Adaptor, Body cap, Power code
- Color Options: Black, White
- Body + 16-50mm Power Zoom Lens : ZV-E10L