Enjoy a high quality sound from this stylish and compact music player that lets you download and stream more of the music you love.The SONY NWA306B Walkman A Series with full Wi-Fi® compatibility, a long lasting battery and a stylish and sleek design, you can play and find new music wherever you want to go.
The S-Master HX™ digital amp technology, independently developed for Walkman®, is compatible with the Native DSD format, and supports balanced and high power output. It reduces distortion and noise across a wide range of frequencies, for rich and full-bodied sound, further enhanced by new high quality sound lead-free solder.
Long battery life
With a long battery life, you can immerse yourself in more of your music, with up to 36 hours of 44.1KHz FLAC playback, up to 32 hours of 96 KHz FLAC High-Resolution Audio playback, or even up to 26 hours with a music service app.
Wi-Fi® compatible for direct download and music streaming
Supported by Android™ and compatible with Wi-Fi®, the NW-A306 offers you even more ways to listen to your music. Enjoy your favorite streaming and music apps right on your Walkman or connect to a PC to access your music collection.
3.6" (diag.) display and Walkman® Home Screen
The 3.6 inch (diag.) display gives you easier access to your music without compromising comfort. With the Walkman® Home Screen, you can customize the home display to suit your needs.
Take your digital music collection to another level with High-Resolution Audio. By capturing and reproducing digital audio at a higher rate than CD (24-bit/96kHz and beyond), High-Resolution Audio allows you to get closer to the original studio recording.
Experience the natural sound and intense detail of DSD audio formats up to 11.2MHz, thanks to the NW-A300 series' high-quality PCM conversion.
Hi-Res Audio wireless
Enjoy High-Resolution Audio quality without wires thanks to LDAC, our premium wireless codec. With 3x the bitrate of standard Bluetooth® technology, you can enjoy a superior listening experience for all your music.
360 Reality Audio
Immerse yourself in sound all around you. As real as if you were there at a live concert or with the artist recording in a studio. With 360 Reality Audio, music has never been so immersive and so real.
The NW-A306 lets you enjoy 360 Reality Audio.
USB Type-C™ port
The NW-A300 series features a USB Type-C™ port for quick charging and easy connectivity with a range of devices.
Bluetooth® and aptX™ HD
Connect wirelessly with Bluetooth® and you’re ready to go. aptX™ HD audio compatibility is available.
Using Edge-AI (Artificial Intelligence), DSEE Ultimate™ (Digital Sound Enhancement Engine) upscales compressed digital music files in real time. And the evolving algorithm now delivers even greater benefits for CD-quality (16 bit 44.1/48kHz) lossless codec audio. Restoring acoustic subtleties and dynamic range, it provides a richer, more complete listening experience.
Give the warmth and character of vinyl back to your digital tracks. Enjoy subtle reproduction of the low-frequency resonance, tone-arm resistance and surface noise to deliver an authentic listening experience.
With a 32GB integrated memory and an SD card slot, the NW-A300 series Walkman lets you take even the biggest music collections on the go.
Stunning new design
An eye-catching rippled wave design covers the rear of the unit, which looks stylish and provides better grip.
Cassette tape UI
As a playful nod to the portable music revolution, we began with the iconic TPS-L2, the NW-A300 series features a special cassette tape user interface and screensaver. The cassette tape visual that appears on your Walkman® display varies depending on the codec of the music you’re listening to.
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Android 12
- DISPLAY RESOLUTION : Size: 9.1 cm (3.6-inch), Resolution: HD (1280 x 720 Pixels)
- DISPLAY TYPE: TFT color display with white LED-backlight
- Touch Panel: Supported
- MUSIC PLAY MODE: Shuffle Playback, Repeat Off, Repeat 1 Song, Repart All, All Range, Selected Range
- MUSIC SEARCHING METHODS: All Songs, Artist, Release Year, Playlists, Album, Genre, Composer, Hi-Res, Recent Transfers, Folder, Cue sheet
- SOUND EFFECTS: Direct Source (Direct), 10 Band equalizer, DC Phase Linearizer, Dynamic Normalizer, ClearAudio+, Vinyl Processor
- AUDIO PLAYBACK: MP3 ( .mp3): 32 - 320kbps (supports VBR) / 32, 44.1, 48kHz, WMA ( .wma): 32-320kbps(supports variable bit rate(VBR)/44.1kHz(STEREO) 32-48kbps/44.1kHz(MONO), FLAC ( .flac): 16, 24bit / 8-384kHz, WAV ( .wav): 16, 24, 32bit (Float/Integer) / 8-384kHz, AAC ( .mp4, .m4a, .3gp): 16-320kbps / 8-48kHz, HE-AAC ( .mp4, .m4a, .3gp): 32-144kbps / 8-48kHz, Apple Lossless ( .mp4, .m4a): 16, 24bit / 8-384kHz, AIFF ( .aif, .aiff, .afc, .aifc): 16, 24, 32bit / 8-384kHz, DSD ( .dsf, .dff): 1bit / 2.8224, 5.6448, 11.2896 MHz, APE ( .ape): 8, 16, 24bit / 8-192kHz (Fast, Normal, High), MQA ( .mqa.flac): Supported
- TERMINALS: USB: Type-C (USB3.2 Gen1 compliant), Headphone: Stereo mini-jack, External Memory: microSD microSDHC microSDXC
- WIRELESS CAPABILITIES: Communication system: Bluetooth Specification Version 5.0, Supported Bluetooth profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, SPP, OPP, DID, Supported Codecs (Transmission): SBC, LDAC, aptX, aptX HD, AAC
- FREQUENCY: Frequency response: 20-40,000 Hz
- MAXIMUM POWER OUTPUT (JEITA 16O/MW): 0.4-1.1mW (32O)
- USB DAC Mode: Yes
- Built-in Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion Battery
- Charging and Power Supply: USB Power (from a computer via a USB)
- BATTERY LIFE - Bluetooth (Transmitter mode): MP3 (128kbps) / SBC-Connection pref: Approx. 22 hour, FLAC (96kHz/24bit) / LDAC Connection Preferred(Auto): Approx. 11 hour
- BATTERY LIFE - Bluetooth (Transmitter mode) Notes : ·A Bluetooth connection will shorten the battery life by up to 50% depending on the following conditions. -Format of the content. -Settings of the connected device.
- BATTERY LIFE - CONTINUOUS PLAYBACK MUSIC NOTES: ·The values shown in this topic indicate the approximate battery life when the player is playing continuously with the default settings. ·Even if the player is turned off for an extended period, a small amount of battery power is still consumed. ·Battery life may vary depending on volume setting, conditions of use and ambient temperature. ·The battery is consumed considerably when the screen is on. ·The battery life may become about 40% shorter when some of the sound adjustments are active. ·The battery life may become about 30% shorter when the [High-Res streaming] function is active.
- BATTERY LIFE - CONTINUOUS PLAYBACK MUSIC: MP3 (128kbps) / Stereo mini-jack: Approx. 36 hours AAC (256kbps) / Stereo mini-jack: Approx. 36 hours WAV (44.1kHz/16bit) / Stereo mini-jack: Approx. 36 hours FLAC (44.1kHz/16bit) / Stereo mini-jack: Approx. 36 hours FLAC (96kHz/24bit) / Stereo mini-jack: Approx. 32 hours FLAC (192kHz/24bit) / Stereo mini-jack: Approx. 32 hours DSD (2.8224MHz/1bit) / Stereo mini-jack: Approx. 28 hours DSD (5.6448MHz/1bit) / Stereo mini-jack: Approx. 22 hours DSD (11.2896MHz/1bit) / Stereo mini-jack: Approx. 14 hours
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D): Approx. 56.5 mm x 98.4 mm x 11.8 mm Approx. 2.23 inchs x 3.88 inchs x 0.47 inchs
- WEIGHT: Approx. 113 g 3.99 Oz