Experience breathtaking 8K video and immersive 3D audio with our new SONY STRAN1000 7.2 Channel 8K A/V Receiver. Enjoy space-filling sound from your 7.2 or 5.2.2 setup with Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X.® It’s easy to enjoy all your content with Works with SONOS, Chromecast Built-in, Apple AirPlay®, and Spotify Connect—all via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth®.
Step up your sound
With 165 watts, the STR-AN1000 delivers cinema-like surround sound and crystal-clear music reproduction with powerful amplification.
8K & 4K/120 HDMI Connectivity
Enjoy the latest HDMI technology with support for 8K & 4K/120 video sources.1,4 Equipped with two 8K HDMI inputs and two outputs, the STR-AN1000 is capable of delivering the most stunning picture quality and amazing clarity.
Support for the most advanced object-based audio formats
With support for Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Speaker Virtualization, DTS:X®, and DTS Virtual: X the STR-AN1000 delivers an object based surround sound experience.
360 Spatial Sound Mapping
Experience true immersion. Sony’s exclusive 360 Spatial Sound Mapping technology reproduces a physical sound field that can adapt to your environment so your home theater feels more like a cinema or concert hall.
Digital Cinema Auto Calibration IX
A new technology developed by Sony, Digital Cinema Auto Calibration IX precisely corrects the distance, angle, sound pressure, and frequency response of each speaker that’s connected to the STR-AN1000 to create the ideal sound field for any home theater setup.
Supports Dolby Vision®, HDR10, and Hybrid Log Gamma, and IMAX® Enhanced
Enjoy dynamic, realistic picture quality with support for the leading HDR formats, including Dolby Vision®, HDR10, Hybrid Log Gamma, and IMAX® Enhanced.
“Works with Sonos”
After a simple setup, your Sony A/V Receiver will tie in seamlessly to SONOS. From the SONOS app you will be able to turn on your A/V Receiver, switch to the designated input source for playback, and control the volume of your A/V Receiver.
Listen to all your favorite tracks, easily. The STR-AN1000 supports audio streaming via Bluetooth®, Wi-Fi, Chromecast built-in, Spotify Connect, and Apple AirPlay®.6,7,11
Voice Assistant Compatibility
Connect to your home’s other devices, and use voice control to operate your receiver with Google Assistant.
Enjoy seamless integration with your Roon system for full access to all your music—including your digital files and streaming services—all in one place.
Compatible with Sony Music Center app
Control the STR-AN1000 from your mobile device for operations like source selection, zone control, sound field control, volume control, media playback, and voice assistant setup.6
Center Speaker Lift Up and Acoustic Center Sync
Enhance your sound multiple ways: Center Speaker Lift Up raises the sound from the center speaker to match what’s on the TV, Acoustic Center Sync matches the audio to your compatible BRAVIA TV.
Easy setup and operation
The easy-to-use graphical interface makes it super simple to start enjoying your STR-AN1000.
Zone 2 & Zone 3
Flexible multi-zone distribution capability.
Sony’s SA-RS3S & SA-RS5 wireless rear speakers and SA-SW3 & SA-SW5 wireless subwoofers (Sold sep.) are compatible with the STR-AN1000. Two subwoofers of the same model may be connected simultaneously to the receiver.
Using AI-based technology, DSEE Ultimate accurately upscales audio to near-high-resolution sound quality, simulating a recording studio or concert environment.
While enabling higher-quality video output and reduced latency from input devices like game consoles, HDMI 2.1 also provides support for Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and Variable Refresh Rate (VRR).
6 HDMI Inputs/2 Outputs
The STR-AN1000 has six HDMI inputs with two inputs supporting full 8K & 4K/120 video sources, and two HDMI outputs that also support full 8K & 4K/120 video sources.1,3,4
Chassis and sub-chassis
With the addition of a sub-chassis structure on the rear of the front panel, the rigidity of the receiver is increased. This results in a further reduction of vibration and improved sound quality overall.
Power Supply Capacitors
The newly designed power supply capacitors, developed by Sony, improve stability and achieve superior sound quality.
New Large Capacity Power Transformer
The redesigned power transformer also features a new core material and bobbin to lower distortion and improve sound quality.
Redeveloped digital section
The new digital section enables all signal processing to be performed on a single chip while also providing lower impedance, increased capacitance, and better stability.
New DAC enables 32-bit operations
Digital PCM signal input is processed at 32-bit and converted to analog by the DAC, while DSD signal input during direct mode is natively input to the DAC and converted to an analog signal.
Improved analog power for DAC
The DAC analog power supply uses a low-noise power supply IC to ensure that hi-fidelity performance is achieved.
Buffer amp for DAC
A new DAC analog output filter circuit was designed utilizing a JFET and op-amp improvement in noise floor. The phase rotation was shifted to a higher frequency, expanding the bandwidth and improving sound clarity for wide-bandwidth sources like high-resolution audio.
Sony exclusive Pre-Amp integrated circuit
A Sony-exclusive integrated circuit was developed to improve all amplification functions of the STR-AN1000.
Hi-Res Audio & 360 Reality Audio
Enjoy music the way the artists truly intended with High-Resolution Audio for crystal clear precision or discover a new way of listening with 360 Reality Audio for a truly immersive live concert or studio session experience. With the STR-AN1000, your music comes to life like never before.
The STR-AN1000 receiver comes with Sony’s 2-year warranty.
- Number of Amp. Channels: 7 CH
- Power Output: Front: 165W(6ohms, 1kHz, 1ch driven THD 0.9%)
- Speaker Impedance: 6ohms-16ohms
- Sound Field: 2CH Stereo, Direct, Auto Format Decoding, Multi Stereo, Audio Enhancer, Headphone 2CH
- Sound Enhancement Technologies: Pure Direct, DSD Native Playback, Center Speaker Lift Up, In-Ceiling Speaker Mode
- A/V SYNC: Yes(Variable)
- 4K Output: HDMI Video Output Capability: 8K, 4K, 1080p, 1080/24p, Deep Color (up to 36 bit), Triluminous Color (xvYCC)
- 4K 60p 4:4:4 Support: Yes
- 3D over HDMI: Yes
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): Yes (HDR10, Hybrid Log Gamma, Dolby Vision)
- Audio Return Channel: Yes
- BRAVIA® SYNC™ (CEC Control): Yes (System Audio Control, System Power Off, RC Pass Through, Language Follow, One-Touch Play)
- HDMITM Pass Through: Yes
- Calibration Features: D.C.A.C. IX, Speaker Relocation: Yes, Phantom Surround Back: Yes, Automatic Phase Matching: Yes, Calibration Mic: Stereo
- FM/AM: Yes/No
- Preset Channel (Sirius/XM/FM/AM): TTL30 (30/0)
- Decoding Format for HDMI: DSD: Yes (Up to 2.8MHz 5.1ch), LPCM: Yes (Up to 192kHz/24 bit 7.1ch), DTS HD MA / DTS HD HR: Yes/Yes, Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Digital Plus: Yes/Yes, DTS / DTS-ES (Matrix6.1 / Discrete6.1): Yes/Yes, DTS 96/24: Yes, DTS:X: Yes, Dolby Dual Mono: Yes, Dolby Atmos: Yes
- Hi-Res Format: DSDIFF(DSD), DSF, WAV(LPCM), AIFF(LPCM), FLAC, ALAC
- Zone2 Audio: 2nd A: HDMI(Fixed)
- IR Repeat (In/Out): Yes(1/1)
- GUI (Graphical User Interface): Yes
- Power Requirement: 120V 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 240W
- Auto Standby: Yes
- Attachment: Calibration microphone, Calibration mic stand, FM wire antenna, Remote control, R03 (size-AAA) batteries
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 430x156x331mm
- Weight: 9.4kg