Bring true 4K HDR entertainment into your home with the SONY VPLXW5000ES 4K HDR Laser Home Theater Projector with Native 4K SXRD Panel, a native 4K laser projector with 2,000 lumens of high brightness and a compact, cost-effective design. Sony’s advanced technologies, including the all-new Native 4K SXRD panel, delivers wide dynamic range, high resolution, and vivid color, even in bright viewing spaces.
Up to 2,000-lumen laser light source
Savor the action with up to 2,000 lumens of high brightness, generated by a long-lasting laser light source, for vibrant images even on a large screen.
All-new Native 4K SXRD panel
Immerse yourself in an incredibly lifelike picture with native 4K that offers 8.3 million pixels (3,840 x 2,160). With an all-new 0.61-inch SXRD panel, you'll enjoy high brightness, inky blacks, vibrant colors, rich tones and textures, plus clear cinematic motion, and image smoothness.
X1 Ultimate for projector
X1 Ultimate for projector optimizes our acclaimed BRAVIA TV video processing for projection. The incredible power of this video engine enables advanced data processing, with real-time enhancement of each on-screen object. The result is high dynamic range imagery with texture, color, contrast and realism never before available to home cinema.
Enduring brightness from a laser light source
You'll never have to worry about changing the lamp in your home cinema projector—no lamp replacement and virtually no maintenance are required. The VPL-XW5000ES uses an ultra-pure and reliable laser light source, which lets you enjoy perfectly clear 4K pictures at optimal brightness for up to 20,000 uninterrupted hours.
True-to-life colors with TRILUMINOS PRO™
See over a billion colors come to life with TRILUMINOS PRO. Our unique TRILUMINOS PRO algorithm can detect color from saturation, hue and brightness to reproduce natural shades in every detail. You’ll enjoy colors that are closer to those seen in the real world.
Wide Color Volume
Enjoy spectacular brightness and stunning realism, thanks to new Wide Dynamic Range Optics that achieve a 95% DCI-P3 wide color gamut.
All-new Wide Dynamic Range Optics
Our new Wide Dynamic Range Optics contribute to a compact design with better light control by maximizing the potential of the laser light source. The resulting higher color volume means naturally colorful images, even at high brightness levels, and stunning, immersive contrast.
World’s most compact native 4K laser projector
We've designed the VPL-XW5000ES to be even smaller and lighter than its predecessors by developing the all-new Native 4K SXRD panel and compact Wide Dynamic Range Optics. This laser projector is about 30% smaller in volume and about 35% lighter than the VPL-VW915ES, delivering the same high brightness.
The powerful video processor in the VPL-XW5000ES offers Motionflow for smooth and clear motion, even when viewing 4K content. Motionflow is ideal for fast-moving sports content, as it adds frames to reduce blur while maintaining brightness. Cinema purists can choose True Theatre mode to retain the original 24 fps.
Input lag reduction
Enjoy the latest games lag-free on the big screen. All our 4K projectors include input lag reduction that enables the player's input to be reflected on screen without delay. The VPL-XW5000ES supports 4K 60 Hz input with an input lag under 21 ms, and 2K 120 Hz input with an input lag under 13 ms.
Anamorphic lens compatibility for 4K signals (V-stretch for 4K)
Wide lens compatibility means you can use your legacy anamorphic lenses with ease, even with 4K content. Watch your content in your favorite formats with a full-size picture, thanks to the V-stretch function.
Sony 4K projectors are compatible with IMAX Enhanced content, making them ready to deliver the bigger, more breathtaking IMAX visuals you love in compatible content. Take advantage of the size of your projector screen with movies that become even more immersive with IMAX Enhanced.
A smart addition to your smart home
Integrate your 4K projector into your home automation and remote monitoring systems. The VPL-XW5000ES supports Control4, Crestron, Savant and AMX, as well as OvrC and Domotz—so you can enjoy a smarter, more convenient entertainment experience.
Designed with the environment in mind
To reduce our environmental footprint, we've designed this 4K projector to consume 30% less power per lumen than the VPL-VW915ES. It's also mercury-free, with a laser light source. We reduced the amount of virgin plastic used for the main body by more than 25% and the packaging materials by more than 15% compared to the VPL-VW915ES.
Object-based HDR Remaster
Object-based HDR Remaster analyses the color of individual objects on screen and adjusts the contrast, resulting in more realistic pictures with greater depth and texture.
Dynamic HDR Enhancer
Dynamic HDR Enhancer processes HDR content scene by scene and enhances the contrast in combination with laser output control—bringing you bright 4K HDR images.
Object-based Super Resolution
Object-based Super Resolution technology detects individual objects in a picture and enhances each one for exceptional accuracy and detail.
Dual database processing
Two powerful image improvement databases work together to improve picture quality in real time. One database helps reduce on-screen noise, while the other is used to upscale the resolution.
Digital Focus Optimizer
By analyzing every pixel and detecting possible degradation in advance, the Digital Focus Optimizer corrects the image quality so that the focus is better than ever, even in the corners.
- Screen Reader: Yes
- Display Resolution: 720 x 576/50p, 720 x 480/60p, 1280 x 720/50p, 1280 x 720/60p, 1920 x 1080/50i, 1920 x 1080/60i, 1920 x 1080/24p, 1920 x 1080/50p, 1920 x 1080/60p, 1920 x 1080/120p, 3840 x 2160/24p, 3840 x 2160/25p, 3840 x 2160/30p, 3840 x 2160/50p, 3840 x 2160/60p, 4096 x 2160/24p, 4096 x 2160/25p, 4096 x 2160/30p, 4096 x 2160/50p, 4096 x 2160/60p
- Display System: 4K SXRD™ panel, projection system
- Light source: Laser diode
- Picture processor: X1™ Ultimate for projector
- Power Consumption (Networked Standby Mode): 0.5 W (LAN) (when "Remote Start" is set to "On") When a LAN terminal is not connected, it becomes a low power consumption mode (0.5 W)
- Power Consumption (Standby Mode): 0.3 W (When "Remote Start" is set to "Off")
- Standby Mode Activated: After about 10 Minutes
- Contrast ratio: 8: 1 (Dynamic Contrast)
- Effective Imager Size: 0.61 in x 3
- Effective pixels: 24,883,200 (3840 x 2160 x 3) pixels
- Projection lens shift: Manual, Vertical +/- 71%, Horizontal +/- 25%
- Throw ratio: 1.38:1 to 2.21:1
- Projection lens zoom / focus: Manual (Approx. x1.60) / Manual
- Input and Output Terminals: HDMI (TWO INPUTS) - Digital RGB/Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr, IR IN - Minijack, LAN - RJ45, 10Base-T/100BASE-TX, REMOTE - RS-232C, D-sub 9-pin (male), TRIGGER - Minijack, DC 12 V Max. 100 mA, USB - Type A, DC 5 V, Max. 500 mA
- Operating temperature / humidity: 41 °F to 95 °F (5 °C to 35 °C) / 20% to 80% (no condensation)
- Storage temperature / humidity: 14 °F to +140 °F (–10 °C to +60 °C ) / 20% to 80% (no condensation)
- Acoustic noise: 24 dB
- Power consumption: 295 W
- Power requirement: AC 100 V to 240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 18.13" x 7.88" x 18.59"
- Weight: Approx. 28 lb (13 kg)
- Color Light Output: 2000 lm
- Light Output: 2000 lm