Inside its compact body the SONY DSCRX100M7 RX100 VII Cyber-shot Digital Camera is packed with everything it takes to deliver gorgeous images. The 24â200 mm zoom lens is complemented by 0.02-sec. super fast AF, new Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF, plus enhanced image stabilization and an external microphone jack for high-quality movie shooting.
- ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm F2.8-F4.5 high magnification zoom Lens
The ZEISSÂ® Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm F2.8-4.5 zoom lens covers a broad zoom range equivalent to two standard zoom lenses (24-70mm and 70-200mm), all in a very compact size. It's configured with eight aspherical lens elements to achieve maximum resolution, clarity and contrast across the entire zoom range, and all the way out to the edge of the image. Four of Sony's original AA (advanced aspherical) elements help minimize spherical, coma and chromatic aberrations.
- Worldâs fastest hybrid AF system
The fast, highly accurate autofocus can achieve a remarkable 0.02-sec. acquisition speed, the world's fastest, to capture fleeting moments with precision. A total of 357 focal-plane phase-detection AF points covering approx. 68% of the image area â work in conjunction with 425 contrast-detection AF points and High-density AF Tracking Technology to follow even erratically moving subjects reliably.
- Up to 20 fps Blackout-free Shooting, up to 60 times/sec. AF/AE calculations
The new image sensor offers continuous shooting at up to 20fps, and the camera tracks subjects with AF/AE calculations at up to 60 times per second, even when they are moving erratically or at high speed. Blackout-free Shooting lets you track your subject's movement without interruption on the camera's LCD display or viewfinder screen just as if you were following with the naked eye.
- Single Burst Shooting captures 7 shots at up to 30/60/90 fps in JPEG/RAW
The new Single Burst Shooting function will capture the tiniest slices of daily life, such as the very instant a tennis ball hits the racket, and turn them into works of art. Take seven shots in rapid succession at selectable speeds of 90fps, 60fps or 30fps, all triggered by a single press of the shutter button. Even fast-moving subjects can be captured thanks to the Anti-distortion Shutter, in RAW as well as JPEG image formats.
- AI-based Real-time Tracking for stills and movies, and Touch Tracking
Real-time Tracking uses subject-recognition algorithms (AI) that draw on color, pattern (brightness), subject distance (depth) and face/eye information to track subjects wherever they move. Maintaining a constant, steady focus on a moving subject helps capture every important moment of action as it happens, whether taking stills or movies. Tracking can also be initiated through Touch Tracking, for both stills and movies.
- Real-time Eye AF for human (stills and movies), and for animal (stills only)
Real-time Eye AF detects subject's eyes and maintains focus as the subject moves, leaving you free to compose your shot. The subject's eyes are detected with half-press of the shutter, and it's possible to select either the left or right eye of the subject. It can be used in conjunction with Real-time Tracking, in which case the focus frame can seamlessly switch between the subject's face and eyes as the subject moves. Real-time Eye AF for Animals is also supported, helping to produce better pet portraits and wildlife shots.
- Newly developed 20.1MP 1" Exmor RSÂ® stacked BSI CMOS sensor w/ DRAM
The newly developed 20.1MP, 1.0-type stacked CMOS image sensor uses back-illumination technology with high light-collection efficiency and realizes fast readout to support the cameraâs extraordinary responsiveness. The standard ISO range is 100-12800, expanded to ISO 64/80 for stills. The camera also takes advantage of improved filters to help achieve more realistic textures and color. Human skin tones and the vivid colors of flowers are more accurately reproduced.
- 4K HDR (HLG) video recording, S-Log3 support, and Interval Shooting
RX100 VII records 4K movies with full pixel readout and no pixel binning, with oversampling for high image quality. Extended continuous video recording is available when setting Auto Power OFF Temp. function to High. HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) compatibility enables HDR capture and immediate playback without post-production, by connecting the camera to an HDR (HLG) compatible Sony TV via a USB cable. The wide color space and dynamic range available using S-Log profiles provides more creative freedom in post-production. Interval Shooting is now available within the camera, with AE tracking to reduce exposure variations. The resulting still images can be edited into a time-lapse movie on a PC.
- Microphone jack, vertical-position data recording, Super slow-motion up to 960fps
Though very compact, RX100 VII includes a standard 3.5mm microphone input jack enabling the use of high-end microphones for professional audio capture for movies and vlogs. The camera supports movie recording in vertical format with embedded metadata indicating the camera's orientation. This means that movie clips in this format that are transferred to smartphones can be played back and used as is, without needing to rotate them from horizontal format.
- Active mode image stabilization in 4K video recording, and Movie Edit add-on compatible
RX100 VII now supports "Active" mode image stabilization for 4K movies, combining optical and electronic stabilization methods for compensation up to eight times more effective than the standard mode. Intelligent Active mode with Full HD recording provides smoother stabilization even for shooting while walking. The Movie Edit add-on mobile apphelps achieve smoothness similar to using a gimbal.
- Retractable OLED w/ EVF benefits and optical viewfinder immediacy
The RX100 VII maintains the convenient pocket-sized design of the RX100 family and is equipped with a high-contrast 2.35 million dot XGA OLED Tru-Finderâ¢ electronic viewfinder, ensuring true-to-life image preview and playback functionality. With a single push, the EVF conveniently pops-up and automatically extends the eye-piece. It features optics with ZEISSÂ® T* coating that greatly reduces reflections.
- High speed Anti-Distortion Shutter
The high speed â up to 1/32,000 sec. - Anti-Distortion Shutter, minimizes the ârolling shutterâ effect commonly experienced with fast moving subjects. This blazingly fast shutter speed also allows the camera to capture sharp, crystal clear images with a wide open aperture at brightness levels. Shooting at wide aperture with fast shutter speed allows photographers and videographers to capture beautiful content with sharply focused subjects and defocused backgrounds under some of the most difficult, bright lighting conditions.
- Enhanced pro-video functions and NTSC/ PAL switchable
The RX100 VII includes professional movie functions such as; Picture Profile, S S-Log3/S-Gamut3, TC/UB (time code / user bit), Rec Control, Dual Video Recording, marker display function, etc. that have typically been available only in professional video cameras. You also have the choice of region setting between NTSC and PAL movie frame rates.
- Super slow-motion movie HFR (High frame rate)
See the unseen with super speed HFR (High Frame Rate). The RX100 VII can capture super slow motion HFR movie at up to 40x slower than real time. You can choose from 960fps, 480fps or 240fps to playback in XAVC S at 1920 x 1080, in either 60p, 30p or 24p. Choose between âquality priorityâ (4 sec.). Thereâs also an option to set âstart triggerâ or âend triggerâ which will start capturing movie before or after you press the movie rec. button so you can time those split-second moments perfectly.
- HDMIÂ® clear output for uncompressed video recordings
Clean, uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2 4K or HD movie signal can be transferred to an external monitor/recorder connected to the RX100 VI via the HDMIÂ® terminal. Video can be recorded simultaneously to internal media and uncompressed video to the external recorder in real time.
- Selfie-ready multi-angle Xtra Fine LCD
Selfies have never been easier with a beautiful 3 (921k dots) LCD Display that rotates in multiple angles. This also makes it easy to photograph over crowds or low to capture pets eye to eye by swinging up approx. 180° and down approx. 90°. The large display delivers brilliant-quality still images and movies while enabling easy focusing operation. Monitor Auto OFF function boosts max number of still images by up to 30%.
- Wi-Fi®/NFC/QR code for easy file transfer and remote control
Easily connect with NFC or QR code (for non-NFC devices) to smartphones or tablets with the built-in Wi-FiÂ® and Sonyâs Imaging Edge Mobileâ¢ application available for Androidâ¢ and iOS platforms. Control your camera or transfer files to your device for fast and easy sharing without the need of a computer. When youâre done, you can use the free software to sort and manage your stills and video with or view and edit your RAW file with either Sonyâs Imaging Edge software or Capture One Express (for Sony).
- Comfortable control ring for manual operation
A unique control ring around the lens works in combination with an intuitive, display interface for direct control over settings. The control ring can be assigned to adjust various features (at various values) from basics like zooming and aperture to creative functions like Picture Effect. Moreover, it turns smoothly and seamlessly, allowing quiet, click-free usage while shooting movies including a new step-zoom function that enables instant selection of commonly used focal lengths.
- Power supply via USB
The RX100 VII can be powered via USB connection to AC adaptor, a PC or mobile battery. This conserves the cameraâs battery, allowing you extended use of the camera without worrying that the battery will run out. When the camera is turned off, the battery can be charged via the same connection.
- Electronic Shutter: Single Shooting: iAuto (4" - 1/32000) / Program Auto(30" - 1/32000) / Manual (30" - 1/32000) / Aperture Priority (30" - 1/32000) / Shutter Priority (30" - 1/32000) Continuous Shooting / Single Burst Shooting: 1/8 - 1/32000
- Continuous Shooting Speed (max) (Max number of recoded pixels): [AUTO / Electronic Shutter] Continuous Shooting Hi: approx. 20 fps, Continuous Shooting Mid: approx. 10 fps, Continuous Shooting Low: approx. 5.0 fps, Single Burst Shooting Hi: approx. 90fps*, Single Burst Shooting Mid: approx. 60fps*, Single Burst Shooting Low: approx. 30fps*
- Creative Style: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box
- Drive modes: Single, Continuous shooting, Single Burst Shooting, Self-timer, Self-timer (cont.), Cont.-bracketing*, Single-bracketing*, White balance bracketing*, DRO bracketing*
- Dynamic Range Functions: Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level 1-5), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1.0-6.0EV, 1.0EV step)
- Exposure Compensation: +/- 3.0 EV, 1/3 EV step
- Exposure Control: Yes
- Focus Area: Wide (357 points (phase-detection AF), 425 points (contrast-detection AF) / Zone / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Expanded Flexible Spot / Tracking (Wide / Zone / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Expanded Flexible Spot)
- Focus Mode: Single-shot AF / Automatic AF / Continuous AF / DMF / Manual Focus
- ISO Sensitivity (Movie): Auto: (ISO100 Level-ISO 12800Level, selectable with upper / lower limit), 100/125/ 160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/ 5000/6400/8000/10000/12800
- ISO Sensitivity (Still Image): Auto (ISO100-12800, selectable with upper / lower limit), 100/125 /160 /200 /250/ 320 /400/ 500 /640 /800 /1000/1250/1600 /2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/ 8000 /10000/ 12800 (Extendable to ISO64/80), Multi-Frame NR: Auto(ISO100-12800), 100/ 200/400/ 800/1600/3200/6400/12800/25600*5
- Image Control: Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Creative Style, Color Space (sRGB/Adobe RGB), Quality (RAW/RAW&JPEG (Extra fine, Fine, Standard), JPEG (Extra fine, Fine, Standard)
- Light Metering Mode: Multi Pattern / Center Weighted / Spot / Entire Screen Avg / Highlight
- Picture Effect for Still: [Still Image] Toy camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono., Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration [Movie] Toy camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono.
- Scene Selection: Portrait, Sports Action, Macro, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Handheld Twilight, Night Portrait, Anti Motion Blur, Pet Mode, Gourmet, Fireworks, High Sensitivity
- Self-Timer: 10 sec. / 5 sec. / 2 sec. / 3 or 5 consecutive shots with 10 sec. 5 sec. or 2 sec. delay selectable / Bracketing shots with 10 sec. 5 sec. or 2 sec. delay selectable / Single Burst shots with 10sec. 5sec. or 2sec. delay selectable
- Shooting Mode: AUTO (Intelligent Auto / Superior Auto), Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure, MR (Memory Recall) [body 3 sets / memory card 4 sets], Movie Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure), HFR Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure), Panorama, Scene Selection
- Shutter Speed: Auto (4"-1/2000) / Program Auto (30"-1/2000) / Manual (Bulb, 30"-1/2000) / Aperture Priority (30"-1/2000) / Shutter Priority (30"-1/2000)
- SteadyShot: Optical
- WB micro adjustment: Yes
- White Balance Mode: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluor.: Warm White, Fluor.: Cool White, Fluor.: Day White, Fluor.: Daylight, Flash, Underwater Auto, C.Temp. / Filter, Custom
- Effective Picture Resolution: Approx. 20.1 Megapixels
- Imaging Sensor: 1.0-type (13.2mm x 8.8mm) Exmor RS CMOS sensor, aspect ratio 3:2
- Pixel Gross: Approx. 21.0 Megapixels
- Input and Output Terminal: Multi / Micro USB Terminal*, Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0), Micro HDMI, Microphone jack (3.5mm Stereo mini jack) *Supports Micro USB compatible device.
- Wi-Fi: Yes (IEEE802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz band))
- Bluetooth: Yes (Bluetooth Standard Ver. 4.1 (2.4GHz band))
- NFC: NFC Forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing
- F-number (Maximum Aperture): F2.8 (W)-4.5 (T)
- Focal Length (f = ): f=9.0-72mm
- Focus Range (from the front of the lens): AF (W: Approx. 8cm (0.27 ft.) to Infinity, T: Approx. 100cm (3.29 ft.) to Infinity)
- Lens Type: ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* Lens, 15 elements in 12 groups (8 aspheric elements including AA lens)
- 4K image output: Yes
- Digital Level Gauge: Yes (Pitch and roll)
- Operating Speed: Start-up Time (Approx. 1.3 sec.) / Shooting Time Lag (Approx. 0.06 sec.) / Shooting Interval (Approx. 0.32 sec.)
- Other Playback Function: BRAVIA Sync (Control for HDMI) / 9/25-frame index view / Auto Orientation / Slide Show / Forward / Rewind (Movie) / Delete / Protect / Motion Shot Video / Beauty Effect / Photo Capture / Rating
- Other Shooting Functions: Face Detection, Face Registration, Still Image Recording (during movie recording), Smile shutter, Grid Line, Quick Navi, Digital Level Gauge (pitch and roll), WB Bracket, DRO Bracketing, MF Assist, Peaking (Display: Off/On) (Level: High/Mid/Low) (Color: Red/Yellow/Blue/White), Zebra, Marker Display, Audio Rec Level, Audio Level Display, Step Zoom / Quick Zoom, Self-portrait timer, TC / UB, Copyright Info, ISO Auto Minimum Shutter Speed, PC Remote Controll, Gamma Disp. Assist, [Mov]AF Tracking Sensitivity, [Mov]AF Drive Speed, Set File Name, Touch Shutter / Touch Focus / Touch Tracking, Touch Pad, My Menu, My Dial
- TRILUMINOS Color: Yes
- Power Consumption (in Operation): Approx. 2.1W with LCD monitor and approx. 2.3W with viewfinder (CIPA standard)
- Battery System: Rechargeable battery pack NP-BX1
- Power Source: DC3.6V (supplied battery) / DC5.0V (supplied AC adaptor)
- USB Charge/USB Power Supply: Yes (Shooting, Playback)
- Exif Print: Yes
- PRINT Image Matching (PIM3): Yes
- Video Resolution: Movie Recording Mode: NTSC: AVCHD: 24M FX (1,920x1,080/60i) / 17M FH (1,920x1,080/60i), XAVC S 4K: 30p 100M (3,840x2,160/30p) / 30p 60M (3,840x2,160/30p) / 24p 100M (3,840x2,160/24p) / 24p 60M (3,840x2,160/24p), XAVC S HD: 60p 50M (1,920x1,080/60p) / 60p 25M (1,920x1,080/60p) / 30p 50M (1,920x1,080/30p) / 30p 16M (1,920x1,080/30p) / 24p 50M (1,920x1,080/24p) / 120p 100M (1,920x1,080/120p) / 120p 60M (1,920x1,080/120p) PAL: AVCHD: 24M FX (1,920x1,080/50i) / 17M FH (1,920x1,080/50i), XAVC S 4K: 25p 100M (3,840x2,160/25p) / 25p 60M (3,840x2,160/25p), XAVC S HD: 50p 50M (1,920x1,080/50p) / 50p 25M (1,920x1,080/50p) / 25p 50M (1,920x1,080/25p) / 25p 16M (1,920x1,080/25p) / 100p 100M (1,920x1,080/100p) / 100p 60M (1,920x1,080/100p) HFR NTSC: XAVC S HD: 60p 50M (1,920x1,080/240fps), 60p 50M (1,920x1,080/480fps), 60p 50M (1,920x1,080/960fps) / 30p 50M (1,920x1,080/240fps), 30p 50M (1,920x1,080/480fps), 30p 50M (1,920x1,080/960fps) / 24p 50M (1,920x1,080/240fps), 24p 50M (1,920x1,080/480fps), 24p 50M (1,920x1,080/960fps) Quality Priority: 240fps/250fps (1,824x1,026), 480fps/500fps (1,824x616), 960fps/1000fps (1,244x420) / Shoot Time Priority: 240fps/250fps (1,824x616), 480fps/500fps (1,292x436), 960fps/1000fps (912x308) PAL: XAVC S HD: 50p 50M (1,920x1,080/250fps), 50p 50M (1,920x1,080/500fps), 50p 50M (1,920x1,080/1000fps) / 25p 50M (1,920x1,080/250fps), 25p 50M (1,920x1,080/500fps), 25p 50M (1,920x1,080/1000fps)
- Color Space (Still): sRGB / Adobe RGB
- DCF/DPOF: DCF / DPOF / EXIF / MPF
- Recording Format(Movie Audio): XAVC S: LPCM 2ch / AVCHD: Dolby Digital (AC-3) 2ch (Dolby Digital Stereo Creator)
- Recording Format(Still Image): JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0,Exif Ver. 2.31, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format) [Movie]: XAVC S, AVCHD format Ver. 2.0 compatible
- Still Image Number of recorded pixels (Image Size): 3:2 mode: 20M (5,472x3,648) / 10M (3,888x2,592) / 5M (2,736x1,824), 4:3 mode: 18M (4,864x3,648) / 10M (3,648x2,736) / 5M (2,592x1,944) / VGA, 16:9 mode: 17M (5,472x3,080) / 7.5M (3,648x2,056) / 4.2M (2,720x1,528), 1:1 mode: 13M (3,648x3,648) / 6.5M (2,544x2,544) / 3.7M (1,920x1,920), Sweep Panorama: Wide (12,416x1,856/5,536x2,160), Standard (8,192x1,856/3,872x2,160)
- Adjestable angle: Up by approx. 180 degrees, down by approx. 90 degrees
- Brightness control: Manual (5 steps) / Sunny Weather
- Screen Type: 7.5cm (3.0 type) (4:3) / 921,600 dots / Xtra Fine / TFT LCD
- Screen Type: Number of dots: 0.39-type electronic viewfinder (OLED), 2,359,296 dots
- Brightness control: Auto, Manual (5 steps)
- Eye point: Approx. 20mm from the eyepiece, 19.8mm from the eyepiece frame at -1m-1 (dioptre) (CIPA standard)
- Magnification: Approx. 0.59x with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m-1 (dioptre) (35mm equiv.)
- Dimensions (Approx.): 4 x 2 3/8 x 1 11/16 in. (101.6 x 58.1 x 42.8mm)
- Weight (Approx.): 10.7oz.(302 g) (Battery and Memory Card are included) / 9.8oz. (275 g) (Body Only)
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1
- AC Adaptor
- Micro USB cable
- Wrist Strap
- Strap adaptor
- Instruction Manual