Experience your music as the artist intended, wherever you go, with the astonishing sound quality of the SONY NWZX707B Walkman ZX Series, which inherits the philosophy of the Signature Walkman®. With enhanced battery life, a larger 5" (diag.) display, easy downloading and streaming functions, it is also portable and stylish for the most demanding music lover.
Upgraded components for an enhanced sound
We've upgraded many of the internal components so that the ZX700 series now has components you’d expect from the highest-grade player, to give it a dramatic evolution in sound quality.
Large solid high polymer capacitor
Adopted as battery assist for the amplifier block, the newly developed large solid high polymer capacitor offers large capacitance and low resistance. Able to instantaneously supply large amounts of power, it can accurately output signals by preventing sudden falls in voltage. This contributes to clear, powerful and accurate bass sound, as well as clear vocals.
FT CAP3 (High polymer capacitor)
Custom-made for Sony and tuned by Sony engineers, FT CAP3 is adopted for all bypass capacitors in the audio block power supply. Drawing on know-how cultivated in high-end home audio development, they help to improve sound expression and create a smoother sound, with a wider sound space, more transparency, and tighter bass.
Large coil for balanced output
To supply the optimum balanced output signal from the digital amp, a larger, 8mm coil is used as the L-C filter. By incorporating flat conductive wire, we've achieved lower distortion and lower resistance, which creates an improved sound resolution across all frequencies.
OFC (Oxygen-Free Copper) milled block
An OFC (Oxygen-Free Copper) milled block covers the digital block, helping both to strengthen digital ground and improve noise shielding from digital block elements such as the application processor and memory devices. The result is a clearer sound that appears to rise up from silence.
Faithful sound reproduction
S-Master™ HX digital amp technology, independently developed for Walkman®, is compatible with the Native DSD format and supports balanced and high power output. It reduces distortion and noise across a wide range of frequencies, for rich and full-bodied sound, further enhanced by new high quality sound lead-free solder.
High quality film capacitors deliver voltage with a linear response across frequencies, resulting in reduced distortion and noise.
High polymer capacitors
The high polymer capacitors within the NW-ZX707 used to strengthen the power supply of the am unbalanced output, enhancing low-range reperformance for a more expansive listening experience.
The low-resistance Oxygen-Free Copper (OFC) cable is used for internal headphone connection, offering low distortion and superior channel separation.
Optimized Circuit board Layout
By dividing the Audio block (highlighted in red) and the Power/Digital block (in blue), the circuit board layout has been optimized to ensure sound quality is unaffected by digital interference.
The ZX700 series features a balanced single plug, designed for the Ø4.4mm balanced connection cable. This separates left and right sound signals, while minimizing signal transmission loss and resulting sound deterioration.
Our unique sound processing technology gives you more ways to enjoy more different types of music than ever before.
Long battery life
With a long battery life, you can immerse yourself in more of your music, with up to 25 Hours of 44.1kHz FLAC playback, up to 23 Hours of 96kHz FLAC High-Resolution Audio playback, or up to 22 hours with music apps.
The milled aluminum frame and clear 5.0" (diag.) screen give the ZX700 series an elegant feel, while remaining small enough to be completely portable.
Distinctive rear section
The inclusion of larger audio parts to enhance sound quality is evident in the distinctive rear section.
The volume UI on the ZX700 series echoes classic analog design – a nice little detail to further enhance your listening enjoyment.
Wi-Fi® compatible for direct download and music streaming
Supported by Android™ and compatible with Wi-Fi®, the NW-ZX700 series offers you even more ways to listen to your music. Enjoy your favorite streaming and music apps right on your Walkman or connect to a PC to access your music collection.
5.0" (diag.) display and Walkman® Home Screen
Enjoy the large 5.0" (diag.) smooth and responsive touchscreen display that gives you more visibility and easier operability. The included Walkman® Home Screen can also be customized to suit your needs.
Take your digital music collection to another level with High-Resolution Audio. By capturing and reproducing digital audio at a higher rate than CD (24-bit/96kHz and beyond), High-Resolution Audio allows you to get closer to the original studio recording.
Supreme quality with 11.2MHz DSD native using balanced headphones and PCM 384kHz/32-bit support.
Hi-Res Audio wireless
Enjoy High-Resolution Audio quality without wires thanks to LDAC, our premium wireless codec. With 3x the bitrate of standard Bluetooth® technology, you can enjoy a superior listening experience for all your music.
360 Reality Audio
Immerse yourself in sound all around you. As real as if you were there at a live concert or with the artist recording in a studio. With 360 Reality Audio, music has never been so immersive and so real.4
The NW-ZX700 series lets you enjoy 360 Reality Audio.
Learn more about 360 Reality Audio
USB Type-C™ port
A USB Type-C™ port, compatible with USB 3.2 Gen1, offers fast music file transfer and charging, plus easy connectivity with a range of devices.
Bluetooth® and aptX™ HD
Connect wirelessly with Bluetooth and you’re ready to go. aptX™ HD audio compatibility is available.
Using Edge-AI (Artificial Intelligence), DSEE Ultimate™ (Digital Sound Enhancement Engine) upscales compressed digital music files in real time. And the evolving algorithm now delivers even greater benefits for CD-quality (16 bit 44.1/48kHz) lossless codec audio. Restoring acoustic subtleties and dynamic range, it provides a richer, more complete listening experience.
Give the warmth and character of vinyl back to your digital tracks. Enjoy subtle reproduction of the low-frequency resonance, tone-arm resistance and surface noise to deliver an authentic listening experience.
DC Phase Linearizer
Our DC Phase Linearizer works to effectively replicate a wide variety of sonic signatures. It applies digital-signal processing to match the phase characteristics of various types of analog amplifier to deliver a purer, more analog-like sound. Choose from six phase character settings.
With 64GB integrated memory and an SD card slot, the NW-ZX700 series lets you take even the biggest music collections on the go.
Stunning new design
An eye-catching rippled wave design covers the rear of the unit, which looks stylish and provides better grip.
Cassette tape UI
The ZX700 series features a special cassette tape user interface and screensaver. The cassette tape visual that appears on your Walkman® display varies depending on the codec of the music you’re listening to.
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Android 12
- DISPLAY RESOLUTION: Size: 12.7 cm (5.0-inch), Resolution: HD (1280 x 720 Pixels)
- DISPLAY TYPE: TFT color display with white LED-backlight
- Touch Panel: Supported
- MUSIC PLAY MODE: Shuffle Playback, Repeat Off, Repeat 1 Song, Repart All, All Range, Selected Range
- MUSIC SEARCHING METHODS: All Songs, Artist, Release Year, Playlists, Album, Genre, Composer, Hi-Res, Recent Transfers, Folder, Cue sheet
- SOUND EFFECTS: Direct Source (Direct), 10 Band equalizer, DC Phase Linearizer, Dynamic Normalizer, Vinyl Processor
- AUDIO PLAYBACK: MP3 ( .mp3): 32 - 320kbps (supports VBR) / 32, 44.1, 48kHz WMA ( .wma): 32-320kbps(supports variable bit rate(VBR)/44.1kHz(STEREO) 32-48kbps/44.1kHz(MONO) FLAC ( .flac): 16, 24bit / 8-384kHz WAV ( .wav): 16, 24, 32bit (Float/Integer) / 8-384kHz AAC ( .mp4, .m4a, .3gp): 16-320kbps / 8-48kHz HE-AAC ( .mp4, .m4a, .3gp): 32-144kbps / 8-48kHz Apple Lossless ( .mp4, .m4a): 16, 24bit / 8-384kHz AIFF ( .aif, .aiff, .afc, .aifc): 16, 24, 32bit / 8-384kHz DSD ( .dsf, .dff): 1bit / 2.8224, 5.6448, 11.2896 MHz APE ( .ape): 8, 16, 24bit / 8-192kHz (Fast, Normal, High) MQA ( .mqa.flac): Supported
- TERMINALS: USB: Type-C (USB3.2 Gen1 compliant), Headphone: Stereo mini jack, Balanced standard-jack, External memory: microSD microSDHC microSDXC
- WIRELESS CAPABILITIES: Communication system: Bluetooth Specification Version 5.0, Supported Bluetooth profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, SPP, OPP, DID, Supported Codecs (Transmission): SBC, LDAC, aptX, aptX HD, AAC
- FREQUENCY: 20-40,000 Hz
- MAXIMUM POWER OUTPUT (JEITA 16O/MW): 0.4-1.1mW (32O)
- FREQUENCY: 20-40,000 Hz
- MAXIMUM POWER OUTPUT (JEITA 16O/MW): 0.4-1.1mW (32O)
- USB DAC Mode: Yes
- Built-in Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion Battery
- Charging and Power Supply: USB Power (from a computer via a USB)
- BATTERY LIFE - CONTINUOUS PLAYBACK MUSIC: MP3 (128kbps) / Stereo mini-jack: Approx. 25 hour, MP3 (128kbps) / Balanced standard-jack: Approx. 24 hour, AAC (256kbps) / Stereo mini-jack: Approx. 25 hour, AAC (256kbps) / Balanced standard-jack: Approx. 24 hour, WAV (44.1kHz/16bit) / Stereo mini-jack: Approx. 25 hour, WAV (44.1kHz/16bit) / Balanced standard-jack: Approx. 24 hour, FLAC (44.1kHz/16bit) / Stereo mini-jack: Approx. 25 hour, FLAC (44.1kHz/16bit) / Balanced standard-jack : Approx. 24 hour, FLAC (96kHz/24bit) / Stereo mini-jack: Approx. 23 hour, FLAC (96kHz/24bit) / Balanced standard-jack: Approx. 23 hour, FLAC (192kHz/24bit) / Stereo mini-jack : Approx. 21 hour, FLAC (192kHz/24bit) / Balanced standard-jack: Approx. 21 hour, DSD (2.8224MHz/1bit) / Stereo mini-jack: Approx. 21 hour, DSD (2.8224MHz/1bit) / Balanced standard-jack: Approx. 21 hour, DSD (5.6448MHz/1bit) / Stereo mini-jack: Approx. 18 hours, DSD (5.6448MHz/1bit) / Balanced standard-jack: Approx. 18 hours, DSD (11.2896MHz/1bit) / Stereo mini-ja
- ck: Approx. 13 hours, DSD (11.2896MHz/1bit) / Balanced standard-jack: Approx. 11 hours
- BATTERY LIFE - Bluetooth (Transmitter mode): MP3 (128kbps) / SBC-Connection pref: Approx. 22 hour, FLAC (96kHz/24bit) / LDAC Connection Preferred(Auto): Approx. 11 hours
- BATTERY LIFE - Bluetooth (Transmitter mode) Notes: ·A Bluetooth connection will shorten the battery life by up to 50% depending on the following conditions. -Format of the content. -Settings of the connected device.
- BATTERY LIFE - CONTINUOUS PLAYBACK MUSIC NOTES: ·The values shown in this topic indicate the approximate battery life when the player is playing continuously with the default settings. ·Even if the player is turned off for an extended period, a small amount of battery power is still consumed. ·Battery life may vary depending on volume setting, conditions of use and ambient temperature. ·The battery is consumed considerably when the screen is on. ·The battery life may become about 50% shorter when some of the sound adjustments are active. ·The battery life may become about 40% shorter when the [High-Res streaming] function is active.
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D): Approx. 72.5 mm x 132.3 mm x 16.9 mm Approx. 2.86 inchs x 5.21 inchs x 0.67 inchs
- WEIGHT: Approx. 227 g 8.01 Oz